[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Problems running FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.3 with Windows XP SP3

Problems running FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.3 with Windows XP SP3

Problems running FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.3 with Windows XP SP3

Postby RvE » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi everyone
I was able to load the FMS software (FMS 2.0 Alpha 2.3) I recieved with my Art-Tech RC heliopter, but when I click on the desktop icon to run the program, I just get the Microsoft error message "the program has encountered a problem and must shut down". The problem details state: App name: fms.exe, Mod name: kernel32.dll. I am using the Art-Tech 4-channel radio and USB adapter cable and running Windows XP service Pack 3 on an older Dell Dimenson 3100 (4 years old?). I have the standard graphics card that came with the computer (I am not sure if it supports 3D graphics, but I was able to run Microsoft Flight Simulator X in the past).

Any suggestions on how to get the program to run? I saw the posts in the forum about the COM port problem and Graphics card problems, but I am not sure if these are my problems. Truthfully, the COM port fix looks to be a bit beyond my computer skills to fix.

I bought the helicopter for my son form Christmas, and we were keen to get some "training" using the FMS flight sim before flying the model, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks RvE
RvE

Re: Problems running FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.3 with Windows XP SP3

Postby ggunners » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:50 pm

You should run FMS 2 alpha 8.5 from the FMS site. It is the latest since 2004.

If you do not have a 9-pin serial port or a modem in your computer, then you have the eCOMport error.

Either connect a USB modem or USB to 9-pin serial adapter or try the method to create a virtual COMx port.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby RvE » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:52 pm

Thanks for the reply.

According to another post by J Galt, the ECOM Port problem does not occur with FMS 2.0 Beta 7, is that right? Wouldn't the simplest solution for the missing Port issue by to download Beta 7? Or does this version not have some important new RC simulation features?

"FMS 2.0 Beta 7 on XP does not require that some sort of serial port be defined, nor does it require that d3drm.dll be loaded in the FMS directory."

Thanks Ralph
RvE

Postby ggunners » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:32 am

Yes, there are a few things missing in FMS 2.7.

o A single collision point on the CG. 2.8 has multiple collision points.
o Landing gear not modeled. 2.8 models landing gear and ground handling.
o No wind simulation. 2.8 supports wind speed, gust speed and direction.
o Simple .par file. 2.8 has a very extensive .par file allowing for more accurate flying.
o Single air foil. 2.8 has any variety of airfoils for each part of the wing
o No channel mixing. 2.8 has a mixer built in.

The big plus with 2.7, is it runs stand-alone. Earlier versions will run in DOS.
Also, there was much better dihedral effect in FMS 2.7.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby Stephan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi
Maybe you fixed your problem maybe you didn't but here is the easiest way to fix it.\
The error is because your program is missing a DLL file.
Download the dll, here is a link. http://www.dll-files.com/pop.php?dll=kernel32
then paste it in your FMS folder. "C:\program files\FMS"
that should do it. ;)
Stephan

Postby CCdraw » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:49 am

CCdraw

Return to Windows-Version