[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Unable to run FMS under Windows Vista Beta 2 build

Unable to run FMS under Windows Vista Beta 2 build

Unable to run FMS under Windows Vista Beta 2 build

Postby Benjamin » Fri May 26, 2006 7:14 pm

I am experiencing some difficulties in running the FMS under a Windows Vista Beta 2 OS. I have been able to run the FMS on the same machine using Windows XP SP2. The steps to reproduce what I am seeing are as follows:

1. Download the FMS installation.
The following steps apply to both versions of the FMS software.
a. Version 2.0 Alpha 8.5 (Latest build)
(http://www.n.ethz.ch/student/mmoeller/f ... lpha85.exe)
b. Version 2.0 Beta 7 (Recommended build)
(http://www.n.ethz.ch/student/mmoeller/f ... disk01.exe)
2. Uninstall any previous versions of the FMS
a. Control panel + Add Remove Programs + FMS
b. Verify folder %ProgramFiles%\FMS is deleted
3. Install the FMS software downloaded
4. Launch the FMS with the following variations
a. Run with non-administrative permissions
b. Run with administrative permissions

Result.
The FMS main window is displayed and is immediately followed by the error message “D3DRM.dll is not loaded”. Closing the error dialogue and selecting Initialize results in an access violation at address 00496CE8 in module FMS.exe. Read of address 00000000.

Many thanks in advance

Benjamin
Benjamin

Postby ukuser » Fri May 26, 2006 9:47 pm

D3D is a windows .dll, i am assuming for Direct 3D access, its probably giving the error becuase you've got a different version than its looking for

This might be worth a try

http://www.programchecker.com/file/3162.aspx
ukuser

Postby Benjamin » Tue May 30, 2006 9:37 pm

Sorry for my late reply.

I hooked up a debugger and it does indeed apear to be having a problem loading the direct 3d items. I will post an update when I have more news.
Benjamin

Postby alistair » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:19 am

alistair

Postby Jamzb » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:47 pm

Yeah - Im running Vista RC1 build 5600 and get the same error. D3DRM.DLL not loaded :(

My D3D DLL's are:
30/08/2006 07:52 PM 1,065,984 d3d10.dll
30/08/2006 07:52 PM 213,504 d3d10core.dll
30/08/2006 07:52 PM 1,039,872 d3d8.dll
30/08/2006 07:52 PM 11,264 d3d8thk.dll
30/08/2006 07:52 PM 1,779,712 d3d9.dll
30/08/2006 07:52 PM 385,536 d3dim.dll
30/08/2006 07:52 PM 816,640 d3dim700.dll
30/08/2006 07:52 PM 593,920 d3dramp.dll
22/07/2005 08:59 PM 2,319,568 d3dx9_27.dll
30/08/2006 07:52 PM 53,248 d3dxof.dll

If anyone has any suggestions - let me know.

Cheers,

James.
Jamzb

to run FMS in Windows VISTA

Postby dkruger1 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:41 pm

1. you can download the required .dll file by searching google. Judy type in the .dll file you need and you will find a free download without much trouble. Save it to a file or on your desktop so you can find it. You may have to use an un-zip program (unzip it to the same location as the download so you can find it). Next copy the .dll file and paste it in your FMS program which is usually located in: c:/program files/FMS
2. Check your graphics card for compatability with Windows VISTA. Many are not fully supported. I also have not found ANY GeForce cards that will work in FMS without flicker, so I installed an ATI card and now FMS works fine. The graphics card I'm now using is a Saphire Radeon ATI X600XT PCI-E (I have a PCI-E slot on my mother board and it is on the list of supported Windows Vista list for graphics cards).
David
dkruger1

Re: Unable to run FMS under Windows Vista Beta 2 build

Postby DocS9788 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:29 am

Had SAME issues. BOTH the .dll and the .exe has stopped working messages apeared. I UNinstalled the programs and deleted EVERY trace of the program from my machine...then downloaded from the links Benjamin provided...found the .dll added it to the program file and TA-DA...it works! Thanks for the help. I DO have an XP machine around but I have 2 VISTA machines as well and its great to be able to use the program on all 3 machines :) Thanks for the solutions!
"Doc"
DocS9788

Return to Windows-Version