Help Flashing screen

Help Flashing screen

Postby wbrownj » Wed May 23, 2007 1:43 pm

Hi all
I am new to this forum.

I have just found FMS but am having real problems getting it to run properly on my Vista desktop. It does however run fine on my Vista laptop.

The problem is that the screen just flashes white all over the screen so much as to make it unusable. I can just about see the scenery in the background. I have read the other posts on this subject but they do not seem to come to a definitive solution and I am left scratching my head.

I have an nVidia 7300 graphics card and have tried the latest drivers etc but to no avail. in FMS, switching off all the fog, and texture options stops the flashing but makes the graphics look completely horrible.

I have tried messing with options in the nVidia control panel, but I don't really know what they all do and I have had no success.

Please can anyone help?

With many thanks in advance

Jonathan
wbrownj

Postby spidernids » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:28 pm

I have the same problem. Please help.

tony
spidernids

Postby pirateuk » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:30 pm

I have the same problem to.
pirateuk

Postby Lindsay » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:09 am

Just saying, "I have the same problem" is less than useful. You just might have to put some effort into troubleshooting yourself.

One would have thought it a good idea to at least say what graphics card you had, like the first poster, to see if there was a common denominator.
Lindsay

Re: Help Flashing screen

Postby courbis » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:50 pm

wbrownj wrote:Hi all
I am new to this forum.

I have just found FMS but am having real problems getting it to run properly on my Vista desktop. It does however run fine on my Vista laptop.

The problem is that the screen just flashes white all over the screen so much as to make it unusable. I can just about see the scenery in the background. I have read the other posts on this subject but they do not seem to come to a definitive solution and I am left scratching my head.

I have an nVidia 7300 graphics card and have tried the latest drivers etc but to no avail. in FMS, switching off all the fog, and texture options stops the flashing but makes the graphics look completely horrible.

I have tried messing with options in the nVidia control panel, but I don't really know what they all do and I have had no success.

Please can anyone help?

With many thanks in advance

Jonathan
:cry: :cry:
i bought a RC simtransmitter and the soft FMS did not work on Vista
it request a D3DRM.dll file
how can i do to test the transmitter i bought
hc
courbis

Postby courbis » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:52 pm

same problem
please help
i bought a RC simtransmitter and the soft FMS did not work on Vista
it request a D3DRM.dll file
how can i do to test the transmitter i bought
hc
courbis

Postby Lindsay » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:29 pm

Don't forget the simplicity of doing a search. It really is a quicker and more efficient way of fixing problems like this.

http://n.ethz.ch/student/mmoeller/fms/f ... ight=d3drm
Lindsay

Postby bestgenm » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:30 pm

The Problem seems to be in directx of vista. If you switch textures of you will get a normal screen, but verry low quality. If you switch off true alpha the screen will turn into black. i guess only the programmers can solve this problem. I am using a virtual PC with win98 installed and directx 8.0 so i can fly in there, but it uses enormous CPU-Power to do so. There is no Problen with XP and the same Hardware.

i am afraid there will be no solution without the help of the original programmer crew

btw. I am using a Samsung Notebook R55 (2 T5500 / 2 GB Main-memory) with an Onboard NVidia GForce Go 7400 (256 MB)

Martin
bestgenm

Postby c128 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:39 am

I think the additional common factor here is the use of an NVidia graphics solution.

On one of my PC's with Vista Ultimate installed and Intel GMA965 X3000 onboard graphics, just popping in D3DRM.dll and all is well.

On my other machine with Vista Home Basic installed and NVidia onboard graphics, D3DRM.dll permits the app to run, but with the already detailed "white flickering" that makes it unusable.

Looking above and elsewhere, those that have tried dropping in D3DRM.dll but then still have flickering seem to have NVidia based graphics too.
c128

Postby Lindsay » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:38 am

Could be right, c128. I don't have the problem but I have a Radeon card.
Lindsay

Postby c128 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:20 am

I did a bit more fiddling on this, including upgrading to the latest NVidia drivers for the machine in question - no joy, unfortunately. So, whilst it looks like bestgenm's analysis is accurate, it seems that the D3DRM.dll workaround is viable for folk with non-NVidia graphics. I guess this also suggests that there's a possible "fix" for this in the NVidia drivers, although you can imagine an NVidia Vista driver fix for using an XP .dll as a workaround for deprecated Microsoft Dirext X functionality in a small set of older applications might not be exactly top of NVidia's list of things to sort out :(.

I've toggled off textures for now, as I need to stick with Vista.
c128

Postby mckheu » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:33 am

i have flickering screen to , and a nvidia geforce go 6100 :roll: can they fix this glitch ?
mckheu

Flickering screen here too

Postby viragored » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:13 am

Hi all - I've just installed FMS, fixed the D3DRM problem and now have the flickering screen which makes the program unusable.

My PC runs Vista (Home Premium edition) and the video graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT. The driver version is 7.15.11.5818

Hope that helps anyone trying to fix the problem.
Music - food for the soul!
viragored

Postby viragored » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:08 am

Sorry - 'unusable' is an exaggeration. :oops: I should have said something like 'the flickering screen which makes the program less than I would like it'.
Music - food for the soul!
viragored

Postby smcxx66 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:13 am

trun off the texture and you 'll get no flashing and no texture.lol

if you have a copy of xp
install virtaul PC and run FMS in virtual.

I know it say vitual PC work in home vista..but it dose.
smcxx66

Next

Return to Windows-Version