Copyright © 2000 Roman & Michael Möller
The Flying-Model-Simulator (FMS) is freeware! The FMS is free available for download in the hope that it may be profitable for many users, but without any warranty, not even the warranty for functioning at all.
This software and accompanying written materials are provided "as is", without warranty of any kind. Further, the authors do not warrant, guarantee, or take any representations regarding the use, or the results of use, of the software or written materials in terms of correctness, accuracy, reliability, currentness or otherwise. The entire risk as to the results and performance of the software and hardware is assumed by you. Neither the authors, nor anyone else who has been involved in the creation, production or delivery of this product, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages (including damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information and/or other data, damaged hardware, etc.) arising out of the use or inability to use the product even if the authors have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The copyright remains with the authors Roman and Michael Möller.
You can make as many copies as you wish and distribute it to anyone, provided that all files are left intact and you do not charge any money for it. You may not sell it or make any other commercial profit with the FMS. One exception could be made if the FMS is been shipped with some other product; this may be allowed, if you have the written permission of the authors first. The condition remains that it is evident to the authors, that you do not make any profit from it, and it has to be obvious to the customers as well that the FMS is freely available.
Modifications of the software and/or the redistribution of modificated or incomplete packages is prohibited.
New with FMS 2.0 Beta 7
- Full 3D collision dectection with all objects on the landscape
- Many new models
- Many new landscapes
- New installation routine (in three languages)
- Translated user interface with 18 languages
- "Hidden dialog windows" error removed
- Models can't rotate into the ground anymore
- Thermal with adjustable strength
- Vario display for soaring
- Winch strength is adapted to every model
- More stable flight calculation (more independent from cpu clock frequency)
- Reload of models during flight (without initialisation)
- Improved camera settings for "Chase camera" mode
- Reload function for landscapes
- Seperate channel- and keyboardmapping for helis and airplanes
- New driver (32-Bit-VXD) for ppm serial- and parallelport interfaces
- Serial PIC interface (Windows 2000 compatible !!!)
- New calibration routine for radios
- Calibration routine for joysticks, with center-trim
- Visible menu in fullscreen-mode (hideable with key F12)
- Selectable colordepth (16-bit or 32-bit) in fullscreen-mode
- Automatic saving and loading of all settings
- Check on the DirectX version
- Sound-volume changeable
- Small delay before "Auto-initialization"
- Mipmapping of the textures (no nervous pixels on the horizon)
- English manual
- Improved controlls for the pilot position
- Preview for the models and landscapes
- Texture-mirror problem with DirectX RM files (.x) corrected
- Many smaller or internal errrors and problems solved
Happy flying with the FMS!
Michael and Roman Möller