[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - FMS flight simulator

FMS flight simulator

FMS flight simulator

Postby vatic » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:38 pm

I have a DMZ RC Flight Simulator with a usb rc dual stick style Hobby grade tx, not a controller like for an xbox or a ps2. It has FMS software. i've got the game loaded with the landscapes and models but I cant get it to work right nor can I get the tx to respond. The screen flickers. I'm running vista and I dont believe that vista is listed on the box. Upon installing the FMS software ,..First it said I needed a DLL file, So I d-loaded it and put it in my System32 dir and then the program ran but I still cant fly :cry: I've got 3 gigs of ram and a 256mb video card, I think vista is my problem or possibly the video driver?. but I still dont know why I cant get the tx to work and calibrate it. Is there anyone that knows how to rectify this and run this flight sim program on windows vista? Any info would be emensely appreciated, because the only thing I can think to do is build an XP machine to run it. this flight simulator would save my daughter snd I many crashes and me alot of $ in rc plane repairs!!!! Thanks in advance!
Vatic (Tim)
vatic

Postby vatic » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:02 am

I've scrapped the vista Idea and built an XP machine just for the flight simulator, It installed great and runs fine but I cant get the tx to work AGAIN!, I know it works! I'm still trying to solve this prooblem. I will post when I rectify this situation, Happy Flying!
vatic

Postby smcxx66 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:18 pm

Please do some reserch in the window section.

Have you tried calibrating the TX or joystick in windows first ?

then calibrate in FMS ?

The flickering is from the vedio card combo or Nvidia with vista.

I did a little work around....

Use 2.8 FMS..so you can use photolistic sceneries.
You can use all the sceneries from Heli-x. (heli-x.net)

look in the lanscape section

I posted, past, link some sceneries.
I also linked a skybox converter so you can use third parties
Reflexs scneries.

Convert all the skybox images to .BMP

just google skybox under image (images) youll get a general
idea how sims work. I run reflex, aerofly, realflight photo scneries
in FMS easily.

THIS IS THE WORK AROUND.....simple.

Resize the bottom image to an INCORRECT SIZE.
the flicker will go away.
smcxx66

Postby samous » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:56 am

out of curiosity, why does it need to be an INCORRECT size?
<TB> I was depressed last night so I called the Suicide Life Line.
<TB> I reached a call center in Pakistan.
<TB> I told them I was suicidal.
<TB> They got all excited and asked if I could drive a truck
samous

Postby smcxx66 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:27 pm

You can dwonload some skyboxes here.
You can also use other sceneries for heli-x.

Or you can use a .scn file from one of my scneries.

http://www.szenerien.de/FMS-Szenerien/index.htm

You have to convert the jpg images into .BMP images
in order for FMS to use it.

There's 6 images in a skybox.

example....all the images are 2048x2048.

change the bottom image to 2050x2050

this will prevent the bottom image from gettting display.

The same thing will happened if you resize a model's color
scheme to an incorrect size...the model will turn white or
won't have texture.

For some reason the flashing is coming from the bottom
panel trying to get projected.

Bascially....a skybox is a model or an object.

If you go to rc-sim and download that ROOM 3D landscape.

resize the image "field" the an incorrect size. The ground will turn white.
smcxx66

Return to General Discussions