[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Is FMS a realistic simulator?

Is FMS a realistic simulator?

Is FMS a realistic simulator?

Postby DennisT » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:49 pm

Hello everyone,

I am relatively new to the hobby of flying RC helicopters and have finally upgraded to a 6 channel, starter heli (HeliPro 450 Black hawk). Prior to wrecking this machine for the first time I'd like to at least get the feel for flying it using a simulator. I have been using FMS and like it quite a bit. I have no problem with the lack of beautiful graphics - thats what the outdoors is for. My main concern/question:

- How realistic is the physics engine in FMS?

- Will it give me a 'feel' for flying the 6ch rc heli or will it mislead me?

- Is there a way to tweak the physics parameters of the software to match the model of the helicopter I will be flying? (i.e. rotor diameter, model weight, overall length, etc)

- Do other simulator programs offer anything more than just pretty graphics?

Thanks!
Dennis
DennisT

Postby Stutz Jr » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:19 am

I'm only a beginner myself but I find that the simulator does not really give me a feel for the intricacies of holding a hover with gusts and wash and ground effect, but it does give a realstic impression of what is likely to happen when I move the controls. I think it's all part of the process, but it's always better to practice something first in the sim so at least you can plan and experiment safely.

my 2 cents
Stutz Jr

Postby whez3spyke » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:36 am

its good that there is a flight simulator, it helps you a lot. but there's a big difference in their behavior.
whez3spyke

Location: #43A Bassig Street, Ugac Sur, Tuguegarao City, Cagayan

Postby RukeeFlyer » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:43 pm

RukeeFlyer

Return to General Discussions