[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - No detail in the game/ texture problem

No detail in the game/ texture problem

No detail in the game/ texture problem

Postby RukeeFlyer » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:50 am

I don't have the flashing screen problem, but I do have a texture problem with my laptop running Vista and an NVida card. If I click textures everything turns white. If I unclick textures I can see the planes and helis (sometimes missing thier skins and appearing white), but the scenery is totally lacking in detail, it looks like a DOS game. The only location that works at all is 'World'. I searched the forums and there seems to be a fix with resizing pictures and then replacing, but I have no idea what the heck to do or where. Can someone with a fixed working game copy your locations folder (or whatever I need) and zip the whole thing up so I might be able to download it and replace mine and have it look as good as it should and not like this?
Thanks for any responses.
RukeeFlyer

Postby ggunners » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:30 pm

I have this problem too with an older built-in Intel video card. It might just be the amount of shared memory is allocated to video in the BIOS setup. I will see if I can fix it by allocating more memory to video.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby RukeeFlyer » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:56 pm

Thanks for the response. My system is nearly brand new and should be able to run the program no problem. I know I run the newer games in high resolution with no trouble.
This is my video card.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeF ... 121.0.html
It's a class 1 card, so it should run this app easily.

*EDIT*
I see now this is a free software, however, I paid a retailer for the software and a controller all boxed up, so I expect it to work like it should. It's not like I downloaded the free software and am trying to get it to work, I paid good money for it. Thanks.
RukeeFlyer

Postby RukeeFlyer » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:00 pm

I've searched the BIOS and have no options to allocate memory to video. I have 2gigs system memory and a half gig DDR3 on the video card, should be way more then enough.
RukeeFlyer

VISTA and FMS

Postby deleglise » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:50 am

deleglise

Postby TreeHugger » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:33 pm

TreeHugger

Return to General Discussions