[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - What is best model to strt with? - Newbee

What is best model to strt with? - Newbee

What is best model to strt with? - Newbee

Postby slowlerner » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:49 pm

slowlerner

Postby ggunners » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:27 am

ggunners

Flyable planes:

Postby KEW » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:21 pm

KEW

Re: What is best model to strt with? - Newbee

Postby ennobee » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:33 am

Hi Newbie

I understand your frustration. Two years ago, when I first started on FMS, I had the same problem. For all the nice work the brothers Moeller have done with FMS, they seem to have forgotten to include in their starter package a decent trainer model. (WINK, WINK...)

A quick and easy solution is to go to the FMS homepage and click on the link on the right that reads 'models' (or see the whole page without the left side menu at http://n.ethz.ch/~mmoeller/fms/models.html) and then download the 'SilkyWind 400', 'Supercup' and 'Slowfly'. They are still FMS 2.7 models and lack a bit of the realism of the newer 2.8 version, but each of them is a nice model to start with. My favorite is the SilkyWind.

(The Transal twin transporter that came with the fms package is a nice flyer too, only that it has no ailerons, so you have to fly it with engine, elevator and rudder only. If you use a two-axis joystick, be sure to go to the channel setup and set channel 1 of your joystick to rudder instead of aileron.)

If you want some more models, trainer or more advanced, go to the 'model' section of this forum and look through the announcements if anyone made a nice trainer recently. then follow the links to their page and download them. Don't be afraid to download 25 planes at once. In FMS you can never have enough planes.

And, while you're at it, also visit the 'airfield' section and download some more flying grounds.

'Niklas
ennobee

Postby fje » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:13 pm

Hi, ennobee,

I'm also a newbee in FMS and wanted also some "slowflier" for starting. I followed your suggestion and tried to go to the 2.7 models page but no way to download any of them. It seems there are only the pictures of the planes and the name, but I was not able to find any download link for downloading any of them.

is there any other place where I could find them?

Thanks !
fje

Postby ennobee » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:15 pm

Oops, it seems like something GOT changed since the last time I visited the model download pages. Unfortunately WHAT changed is that they deleted the links to the models.

Okay, with the official downloads out of the way, the best site to serve as a dictionary for FMS models is the '[i]RC airplane experiment studion[/i]' ( http://rcp.web.infoseek.co.jp/fms_e.html ) from Japan. Click the link that says [i]'Download Many Models[/i]' and you will be directed to a kind of storefront that links to the different sites of other developers. And while you're at it, why not download a few sceneries.

Especially take a look at Garry Gunnerson's site. ( http://gunnerson.homestead.com/files/fms_models.htm ) Gary is one of our most active developers, but doesn't like to blow his own horn. Still, his models are jewels, one by one, and unlike most of the other developers, they're modeled after commercially available RC planes, not just after scaled-down real-life airplanes.

'Hope you'll find some slowflyers there.

'Niklas
ennobee

Postby fje » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:12 am

Niklas, thanks.... I'll have a look to the sites you suggest. In fact I already had a journey over the RC models and downloaded some of them, but I'll have a more detailed look to Garry's ones.

Rgds.
fje

Postby Swanjoe » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:29 pm

Hi Slowlerner
I have used FMS sim for a few months now! I am also a Newbie. After playing with a great number of the planes, I have found the slow flyer "Trainer-one.par" to be a very good trainer to play with! Its very slow and easy to manouver. In Fact, some may say its too slow, but I find the slower the better. I'm not sure if it is a default FMS or I possibley downloaded it from Gary Gunnersons web site.
It is a great learner!Hope I have helped a little..
Swanjoe.. Calif
I may not the best at what I do.. but if I try my best, I won't be the Worse!!!
Swanjoe

Postby SonGunnar » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:53 pm

Hey Nube,

Try the SlowStick. Does'nt too mutch matter though . . . much cheaper crashing the sim. When you start flying try an epp model till you're comfortable or wealthy, with a lot of extra time. I'm putting EPP on the noses of my home built models now and it really helps for dialing in your settings. Have Fun - SG
If at first you don't succeed . . . Fly Fly Again
SonGunnar

Postby Looee » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:10 pm

RC SIM.de has a lot of models, there should be something in their download page that works as a trainer. Not to toot my own horn too much, but I've got a few WWI models there that would be easy trainers, the BE2c, and my AVRO Arrowscout would be good starts for small electric models.

There is also a couple of different Shinichiro Nishiya GWS Tigermoths that have been done as trainers.

Cheers

Lewis
Looee

Return to General Discussions