still can't change landscape - cpu still locks when i do

Postby adam_jorgensen » Sun Mar 24, 2002 2:03 am

why can't i change the landscape without my computer locking? i am using the newest version of fms (beta 7 obviously! i have told everybody several times) and it still locks. johnlong, you said that it has to be the version 7 landscape, and not the version 6 landscape. how do i tell if its the version 7 landscape? all the landscapes in the beta 7 version i assume are the version 7 landscapes. they wouldent put the version 6 in it. theres allot of these neat landscapes i downloaded and i want to try them, but the same thing happens. please help!
adam_jorgensen

Postby johnhlong » Sun Mar 24, 2002 5:55 am

Sounds like we have a real puzzler here.....

Does FMS work with the basic landscape?
Is it when you change to another that it crashes?
What landscape are you trying to change to?

John
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby Dirk Boodt » Sun Mar 24, 2002 10:58 am

I had the same problem, it seems to be a problem of some Videocards, I detected the problem with ATI Rage(Pro)
Changed the card for a nVidia TNT2 Ultra the problem disapeared.

The same on the Compaq's I use for buisness the one's with a ATI card no-way to change the landscape, the one's with a Matrox card everything works more than Perfect.

With a Toshiba Notebook with a S3 Savage it works an other note book (I am not sure what video chip it was bud certainly not made by ATI) the same problem flying OK changing models OK but imposible to change the landscape, FMS hangs!!

Dirk
Qq[br]Xx[br]Yy
Dirk Boodt

Postby adam_jorgensen » Sun Mar 24, 2002 3:44 pm

actually, i got it fixed now! how? when you want to change the landscape you have to turn off all the graphics (fog, textures, smoth textures) under the graphics menu. i did this and when i went to change the landscape, my computer didn't lock! when your in the changed landscape, then you can turn all the graphics back on, you just have to make sure their off when you go to change to another landscape. 2 of my biggest problems on the fms now sloved! im getting really good at hovering too!
adam_jorgensen

Return to General Discussions