[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Preaching the Gospel of FMS!!

Preaching the Gospel of FMS!!

Postby billy Hell » Sat Apr 13, 2002 9:37 pm

I'm what you might call a midland flyer. I got started last July. Took lots of time to get my first plane built. I was always nervous when I flew. Shaking nervous. Then my second was an arf (GP Big Stik). I was really excited about this plane and crashed it on my third flight (my instructor went out of town but said I could handle it - I had engine trouble). There are more planes but the point is I was a little afraid, even though I'm a decent pilot and that was really holding me back.
I got on FMS 3 weeks ago and started screwing around. Then I got out my 3d aerobatics books and started practicing knife edge, spins, hovering, etc with FMS and a profile model. I really concentrated on landings. I finally got out today with my instructor and flew my 3d profile Gee Bee plane. I took off, I knife edged, I did a knife edge loop, I did a spin, I did snap rolls, I sort of hovered and then did a bunch of touch and goes and finally landed 2 dead sticks. Right off the bat I got turned around and almost lost it but I never got scared or shakey. The rest of the day was great. I even finally flew my Ultra Stick .40 (I didn't fly it cause I didn't want to crash it).
I believe all of these things were possible because of FMS. Thank you, thank you FMS (my birds thank you too....as well as my wallet).
billy Hell

Return to General Discussions