[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Background Referance

Background Referance

Postby spitfire » Thu May 02, 2002 3:12 pm

Hi everyone
I am new to this forum and I would like to express my appreciations to those who have created this simulator and made it freely available.
I have a question regarding the use of the simulator. Is there a way to lock the horizon on the computer screen? Some times I lose my orientation and can’t find the runway. It seems to me that if there was a way to get a stable point of reference using the simulator would be easier. If locking the background is not a possibility does any one know of a screen that has mountains in the background very Far from the runway, which would produce the same effect?

Thanks spitfire.
:)
spitfire

Postby Rockfist Rogan » Thu May 02, 2002 3:34 pm

Try the *Switzerland* scenery if you want mountains.

You can, however, zoom in and out pretty rapidly with the number pad + and - keys to see where you are.
(Assuming you are *not* in the *chase* mode, of course... :)
It also helps to have the speed, altitude and vario enabled.

It *is* quite hard to know where the runway is, but you must remember you are effectively flying with blinkers on when you only have a monitor to look at.

Practise helps... :D

RR
Rockfist Rogan

Postby Shaw Goh » Fri May 03, 2002 4:28 am

Just curious, how do you zoom in & out easily when you've got your hands full trying to keep the plane/heli (especially heli) in the air?

I think I need a keyboard extension so that my toe can zoom in & out! :D
Shaw Goh

Postby Rockfist Rogan » Fri May 03, 2002 8:02 am

Did I use the word *easy* ? :D

RR
Rockfist Rogan

Postby Mike Stramba » Fri May 03, 2002 1:58 pm

This scenery is great for keeping your 'orientation'.

It has a blue line painted on the ground extending from the runway on one end, a red line on the other, a yellow line halfway out from the runway and a green line at the 45 degree point from the threshold.

I use it all the time.

Mike Stramba

Postby spitfire » Thu May 09, 2002 11:39 pm

Mike

Great Job

Excellent scenery from orietation stand point. Some one should put this link on the FMS site or better still include it in the FMS standard package.

Thanks

Spitfire

:)
spitfire

Postby bootlegr » Mon Aug 26, 2002 1:19 pm

Posted: May 03 2002,09:58

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This scenery is great for keeping your 'orientation'.

It has a blue line painted on the ground extending from the runway on one end, a red line on the other, a yellow line halfway out from the runway and a green line at the 45 degree point from the threshold.

I use it all the time.

This was posted by Mike Strama and its really great for us Newbys Finally have reference points to land the puppy
thanks Mike
bootlegr :) :) :) :) :) :) :)[B]
bootlegr

Postby Airbatix » Mon Aug 26, 2002 10:26 pm

Try my modified world scenery.

Airbatix
of Norway
Getting high by flying low
Airbatix

Return to General Discussions