[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Can I buy a controller for FMS?

Can I buy a controller for FMS?

Postby buechler66 » Sun Jul 08, 2001 8:54 pm

I'd like to find a 4-channel controller I can plug into my computer and use with FMS. Does anyone sell a good product that works with this software? What is required, a serial port or parallel port? Any specific drivers required? Please let me know if I can purchase something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Regards,Steve
buechler66

Postby johnhlong » Mon Jul 09, 2001 12:15 am

Just a thought... But you should buy a transmitter that will sute the type of plane you plan on flying. Just make sure it has a trainer output.

The big plus would be to be using your actual transmitter so you get the feel of what you will use when you actualy fly a real model.

If you are just using this as a game then get just a good joystick and use that with FMS.

Hope that helps...

John
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby philc » Thu Jul 26, 2001 11:08 pm

Hi

we ( ) sell the interface to plug into almost any major brand four channel transmitter. We had the product custom produced with molded connectors, and sheilded cable by the same manufacturer that does the computer cables for HP (Packard). As of this time we are the only ones manufacturing such a product that we know of. Check it out - www.virtualrcflight.com

Phil Cowley
philc

Postby bsergeev » Fri Jul 27, 2001 3:06 pm

Phil,
FMS forum is not a place to advertise your cables.
It's a place for free exchange of information.
FMS is free so is the info of how to build a cable for it.

-------------------------------------

buechler66,
There's the whole section in FMS manual with the diagrams of the interface cables. Depending on your transmitter, you may pick one to do it yourself. Your total price of, say, JR-to-parallel_port cable will be about ů if you buy everything in your local RadioShack (if you buy in bulk from pro suppliers, it'll be even cheaper).

Browse this forum and you'll find plenty of information about parallel and seriual cables for all types of transmitters.

Decide what major radio brand (JR, Futaba, Hitec, Airtronics) you prefer and buy a used TX.

Take a look at RCOnline forums:

There you can buy a transmitter for less than on eBay.

Have fun,
Boris
bsergeev

Postby johnhlong » Sat Jul 28, 2001 2:10 am

To Sell or Not to Sell ............

I used to build everything myself (EE and Computer designer, started with tubes then all the way to micro-computers) but now in my older years I can hardly see to solder.

I believe both are necessary. I agree with the free forum but lets not freeze out the handycaped (from age or disabilities).

Maybe a limit on how much a person can charge or that they must also offer the kit or plans. Then they would be offering their labor for sale. (Sometimes the pre-built assembly looks a lot nicer then what we could build.)

The already built interface / planes / scenery/ etc. would be nice for some of us.

Just a thought

John Long
Seattle Washington, USA
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Return to General Discussions