[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - First impressions - Newbie Questions

First impressions - Newbie Questions

Postby billybones » Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:05 am

Downloaded FMS a couple days ago after looking at Real Flight and deciding it would be much better to use a real transmitter (not installed yet) instead of the simulated transmitter that comes with Real Flight for $200. I am using a joystick (Saitek Cyborg Gold USB) and here are a few of my comments. Windows XP Pro. A little help from the experts would be appreciated. after looking at posts here I know it is my ignorance that is holding me up right now.

1...What a great looking program with lots of potential for learning to fly.
2...I cannot change the scenery although it is available.
3...I can change planes.
4...Throttle works on planes but not Hellicopters.
5...What is "nick" in the controls?

Thanks for the Freeware--no complaints here--If I had some I would just gracefully leave .
billybones

Postby Eric Brouwer » Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:25 pm

Hi Billybones

I can help with points 1, 3, 4 & 5.

Point 1, I agree. Thanks again for the FMS team.

Point 3, well... you figured it out.

Point 4, use the top 4 mappings for planes, the last four for choppers.

For choppers, you must map the nick, roll, pitch, tail to the required channel.

Point 5, If i am correct (I can not fly choppers), then the settings are as follows:
- Tail, rotor left/right
- Nick, nose up/down
- Roll, tilt left/right
- Pitch, trottle/main rotor pitch (FMS uses only pitch)

Image ;) ??? ;)
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby billybones » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:35 am

Thanks for the help. I now realize that a hellicopter does not have a throttle but has pitch to the rotors. I even downloaded a few new planes. The only thing now that is puzzling me is the fact that I am limited to the World scenic backgroung and cannot change it to one of the cool tropic Islands so I can water land.
billybones

Return to General Discussions