[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - FMS - Is this as good as it gets?

FMS - Is this as good as it gets?

Postby Electric » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:06 pm

Hi SMCXX66,

I'm grateful of your help many thanks but still having problems, I've down loaded some photos as suggested from the following link: http://www.szenerien.de/HELI-X-Szenerien/

and tried to follow your directions below:

(Just download one of my scenery

The toyosu is in cube

Bascailly swap out the skybox images? not sure how too?

There's also a 3D file and a crash file.
I'm not sure what the 3D file is for...I'm assuming
it's for using 3D glasses.

The crash file you need..becuase it's ghost crash piont.
it'll make the bottom panel get display in Vista.

Incase i confused you. here's a picture
I use this same proceedure for all of my FMS photolistic sceneries.
I just rename the .scn file different. (notepad icon) Using a fms scn, can open it but dont know how to make it see the new pictures to make a pano
The preview image stays as .jpg

The easies way to makesure you open the .scn file with notepad
is to right click or the first window ask you..what application you
want to use to open .scn . Set NOTEPAD as default to open a .scn
file. This way you can just click on a .scn file and it'll automatically
open it with NOTEPAD. That's why it show an Icon on mine)

Sorry a bit rubbish at understanding it :( it it possble to email one that done so i can break it apart to see how its made or is the file just too big

Thanks again
Electric

Postby smcxx66 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:54 am

I'm sorry...english is not first language.
My grammer is not every good.
If you look at the images I linked, it might help you better.

The easiest way to copy a scenery is to
simply RIGHT click on the scenery folder you want to copy.
Select Copy...then select Paste (right click ) to desktop or wherever you
want the folder.
Then delete the 3 files that heli-x uses. heli-x use XML file to exe.
Heli-x sceneries are located in the ressources/environment/skybox
of Heli-x.

Heli-x's scenery folder

Copy these 3 files from the toyosu scenery into a new folder.

master.SCN ( notepad icon) You can rename this to whatever you wish.
3D
Crash

FMS use the .scn file to execute sceneries.
example..for model, FMS use .par to execute the models.

Convert the 6 skybox into .bmp types file (24bit)
Use window paint or any art software. (click save as and change file type)
Rename the images

left =0
front=1
right=2
back=3
top=4
down=5

Yes, the preview image stays as .jpg
or you can make your own.
Preview images are not required.

Here's a skybox converter
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9w9lwhwyzzi

here's an example of a scenery i converted
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?24slb3nhkmw

I corrected the sky on this one :lol:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1zzgkz0znix

While in FMS...select landscape.
Then select Load
Then click on the arrow pionting down to change the file path.
example: FMS can read the file from desktop

To adjust model positioning use NOTEPAD to open the .scn file
Think of pilot position as camera.
example: i set the heigth as 2

example...if you wish to adjust a model's perimeters.
Open the model's .par via Notepad to adjust roll rates, max thrust...etc

If you opt to use Harald's .scn files to execute your sceneries,
simply use notepad to open his files and rename the text for the
texture accordingly. You must rename the skybox images
to match exactly what's in the .scn file.

I shorten mine to a numbering system and use the same .scn (Master)
file over and over again. Naming all of the images the same way.
I only need to assign a scenery's folder a different name.
The folder acts as a devider.
The .scn only execute files within it's folder.
This is the reason I don't extract sceneries into FMS's main landscape
folder. If I did....I would have to assign .scn a different name
and the skybox images different names all the time.

If I did extract it into FMS's main landscape folder.
i would still keep each scenery's content in it's own folder.
smcxx66

Postby Electric » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:22 pm

Hi SMCXX66,

You are very kind and helpful, I will have a play with the files and try and create my own as well :)

really enjoying runway1 as well ace!!

Just looking for a WW2 Corsair FU4 at the moment as I have purchased the TW 748 pirate model so I was hoping to practice first as my other models are non powered like the Zagi and SAS Wild Thing Mk3 (Gliders)

Many thanks Electric :D
Electric

Postby smcxx66 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:41 pm

These are gliders. You have to hand/winch launch them
There's a FU4.
http://fms2.ifrance.com/fms2/

I also made a photo sceney for slope ...Alaska.

To lower the ground, I lower the quad in the .scn file
If you look in the alaska .scn file.
you'll notice the last colume of the quad had been altered.

You can tried contacting Iscuba to help assist you in creating
objects or buffer pionts in photo sceneries.
Bascially you can get models to fly behind trees, buildings or hills like the rest of the sims.
smcxx66

Photo Realistic Scenerys

Postby Hab » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:06 am

Hab

Postby Steve Lewin » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:03 am

Steve Lewin

Postby RukeeFlyer » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:16 pm

RukeeFlyer

Postby phildc » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:42 pm

phildc

Postby Hab » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:27 am

Hab