[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Problems with throttle on parallel IRQ device - Zero throttle not possible

Problems with throttle on parallel IRQ device - Zero throttle not possible

Postby dixxy » Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:42 pm

I have installed FMS 2.0 beta 7 and have been using it with my homemade parallel interface with my HiTec Flash 5x radio with no problems.

Then one day, i had to uninstall FMS and reinstall, after that, when using IRQ Parallel control option, my plane starts taxing off with throttle above zero everytime, even when my interface is not connected at all. When choosing keyboard control, the plane acts normal.

Any suggestions why this happens, even with controller disconnected? It worked 100% perfect earlyer..
dixxy

Postby Eric Brouwer » Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:39 pm

Have you recalibrated FMS after it was installed again?

Secondly, with the transmitter/interface disconnected, FMS will default to centre stick position, as it does not see any controller/interface. This it what causes the plane to fly of by itself.

My solution to prevent the plane from taking of on it's own when I disconnect the transmitter, is to either crash the plane, press pause, or to use a PIC interface that can send throttle closed command to FMS on loss of transmitter signal.

Anyone with a better solution can let us know.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby dixxy » Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:44 pm

Thanks for your help.. i got the problem fixed.. it turned out to be my own fault.. i did calibrate the interface, but because my throttle stick dont go back to senter by itself, i forgot to senter it before finishing the calibration.. so my mistake.. but now its all ok :) Hope this article can be of help for other people getting the same problem..

-Robert
dixxy

Return to General Discussions