so close!

Postby adam_jorgensen » Fri Mar 22, 2002 4:36 pm

Almost have all the jitter out! Can you believe it? How did i do it? well, we have a program called "norton" you can do all kinds of stuff in it to help run your computer better like virus scans, optimizing your computer to make stuff load faster, clean any kind of build up on your computer, and so on. Any way, i noticed i haven't defragmented my hard drive in a while, so I went and did this with norton. norton is excellent for defragmenting your hard drive. It took about an hour. After that was done, i optimized our computer to make things load faster. the computer rebooted, loaded back up windows. I went back into norton to do a little more. I cleaned out all our temporary internet files, and removed all build up. I went to try the big test. I loaded my fms with my interface cord plugged it. when the heli was there, i noticed a lot less jitter and nervous movements than before i did all that stuff on norton. it still jitters a bit, but not nearly as bad as before. i can at least keep in under relative control. i still want a joystick interface though, and im still worried it will start up again. I wont be surprised if it does. but now a question comes to my mind. if the problem was in the printer port interface cord I have, then how come after i cleaned up and organized a bunch of stuff in our computer through norton, the controls did not jitter as much? if the problem was in the cord, then all of that should have had no effect on it. which makes me think now that the problem might be in the software and not the interface cord. don't know if this is bad or good.Image just changing the interface cord from printer to joystick sounds allot simpler than trying to fix your whole computer!
adam_jorgensen

Postby adam_jorgensen » Fri Mar 22, 2002 5:04 pm

Wait, ITS FIXED!!! ITS FIXED!!!. Its like %100 jitter free now! I did more than just norton fixing up my computer. Remember when i said it wouldent work for some reason on the 32 bit VXD? Well, i went to try again. the reason it didn't work is because I had to set up my controls! they wernt working because the controls for the helicopter were set on channels I didn't have(6), (7), (8) and (9). Mine only goes up to 4. so I set it to the channels I did have(1), (2), (3), and (4). I didn't know this becasue I assumed they would keep the same channels as the 16 bit DDL, which i had them set on my channels. its runs like a beauty now! I can finally hover properly with no jerky or nervous movments! you guys should see the bars on the calabration gird. their not even moving! before, they were jumping up and down like crazy and vibrating allot, now their perfectly holding still! Im so happy!!! :D it took me days to figure out a way to fix this problem. i was spending hours each day doing it. finally it works! Im still a little worried it will start back up again though. because I still have the parellel printer port interface which i though all along was my problem because everybody says the printer port picks up allot of interference and jitter. so how come its not doing it now? is it because its now set on the 32 bit VXD instead of the 16 bit DDL? i really hope it will stay like this and the jitter will not return. because if it does, i will punch a hole in my computer screen ;) . It will stay like this right? what about the so called problems with the pinter port interfaces with interference? how come nobody ever suggested the 32 bit thing first?
adam_jorgensen

Postby adam_jorgensen » Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:47 am

hello? where is everybody? I posted this message yesturday, and still no replies. how come nobody else is here? i noticed at the bottom it says im the only one who is in here right now. it was like that yesturday too.
adam_jorgensen

Postby johnhlong » Sun Mar 24, 2002 5:57 am

I (for one) was having problems getting into the board until today.

Don't panic ;) we won't leave ya!

John
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby adam_jorgensen » Sun Mar 24, 2002 3:46 pm

i was having problems logging in to the fms forum too. I guess everybody else was having the same problem. you click on the forum, and it wont let you in. working fine today though.
adam_jorgensen

Return to General Discussions