[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Aileron does not work.

Aileron does not work.

Aileron does not work.

Postby sanjiv » Thu May 25, 2006 3:52 pm

:(
The aileron function does not work. It does not respond to keyboard or to the joystick control. I've caliberated the Joystick (Futaba 4 channel t4vf connected via USB interface). Strangely, the channel mapping is as follows: rudder = 6; aileron = 1; throttle = 3; elevator = 2. When I connected up, the bars in the caliberation window respond as per the mapping given. However, when flying, all the models do not respond to the aileron mapping. Same thing with the key board. Aileron does not respond to Num 4 and Num 6 keys.
sanjiv
sanjiv

Postby ggunners » Thu May 25, 2006 4:39 pm

Aileron is on the [J] and [K] keys.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby phildc » Thu May 25, 2006 4:46 pm

You could try to check you 'joystick' input with

You can select joy 1 or 2 in the menu, then press the 'Joystick' button.

In sequence you will find ailerons (1), elevator(2), throttle(3) and rudder(4).
The soft also shows any active buttons.

Phil.
phildc

Aileron control

Postby PrangHappy » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:16 am

I have a similar problem.
Using a Futaba Skysport 4 into Windows XP Sp2 FMS works very well. Except that there is no aileron response to joystick input when flying. The transmitter is in Mode 1 and all the controls, including aileron, respond as expected in the calibration window but not in the air. The cable between the transmitter and the computer is correctly wired as far as the connections are concerned. Does anyone have experience of this? Would an RC filter help? If so what sort of values are recommended?
TIA
Sion
PrangHappy

Postby Steve Lewin » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:43 pm

If it works in the FMS calibration screen it will work when flying provided you are using the standard channel mapping. Check that you have the aileron channel (should be CH1 for Futaba) filled in correctly on the LH side of the FMS Mapping/Calibration screen. Mode 1 makes no difference, it only affects which stick you twiddle not the signal which is output.

Also check that the model you are trying to fly actually has ailerons. Not all of them do :).

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby PrangHappy » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:42 pm

Many thanks, Steve
I was using the Transall because it was slower. The Su-26 works fine. Now all I have to do is to learn to fly it.
:P
Sion
PrangHappy

Same aileron problem

Postby trigger » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:15 am

I'm having the same problem, all channels work except for aileron. I have tried to download the older version of FMS with the same results. I'm using an E-Sky transmitter that I used successfully on the older version on another computer before it crashed but now cannot get it to work on the new computer. Have looked at the suggested articles in this thread but to no avail. Is there something in the setup that i'm missing. The only difference from my last puter to this one is that i'm now using a USB port and the old puter I was using a COM port (I believe thats what it is called) Anyhow now the aileron channel won't work in flight mode or in the mapping/callibration mode

Any help would be appreciated,
Trigger
trigger

Return to General Discussions