[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - ParEditor of Alfa 8.5

ParEditor of Alfa 8.5

ParEditor of Alfa 8.5

Postby lcsaba » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:55 am

lcsaba

Postby ggunners » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:19 am

Which .par editor are you using?

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby lcsaba » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:39 am

The Name of the program: FMS Model Parameter Editor.
One can reach it by following the folder series (on my XP):
Program Files/FMS/ParEditor/ParEdit (the last one is the program)

Laszlo
lcsaba

Postby ggunners » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:51 pm

ggunners

Postby lcsaba » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:47 pm

lcsaba

Postby lcsaba » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:38 pm

I am sorry that I have to disturb disturbing You but from the server
http://rcp.web.infoseek.co.jp/fms_e.htm ... _Converter
I can download the ParDesigner&GeoEX only.

I have searched through the correspodence on the Forum about "editor"
and I have tried as much URL as I could.
I have found an URL pointing to a "ParConverter" but the "ParEditor&ParConverter which is marked as "NEW" is not downloadable at least for the time being.

L(aszlo) Csaba
lcsaba

Postby ggunners » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:55 am

Click on the picture of the ParEditor will download the file or try this .

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby lcsaba » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:02 pm

Thanks, it works

Laszlo
lcsaba

Texture saving

Postby lcsaba » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:35 pm

I have constructed my first FMS modell. But still can't overcome a problem.
I am usingGeoEX, FMS ParEdit-8 and the FMS simulator to test the result.
I have done the work using Metaseq R2.1 but now I have tested with 2.3. with the same result.
I am using two texture files first is my own the second is from the Pitts model as far as the cocpit and pilote is concerned.
Two colors are used as well.
I have used the map command of R2.1 and saved the product several times as .x file.
Direct3D, Normal vector and UV mapping is checked and the Flip Right and Left, because this is the case at one of the tutorials.

Now the interresting thing is that the ParEdit-8 properly displays the modell but the GeoEX and FMs simulator left a white box at the place of the required texture.

I have followed the advice of one of You keeping the files at the Metaseq/FMS folder.

If somebody is interrested I can send the files by e-mail, if address is known.

There was a save when the Pitts texture could have been seen if FMS simulator was open.

Because one of You suggested that the UV mapping at saving is not closing instead initiating the process, I am repeating the process of texture mapping and saving, because the save menu keeps the status of box cheking.
Does not help.

Regards

Laszlo
lcsaba

Postby TreeHugger » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:03 am

Hi Laszlo,

if you see a white material where there should be a texture, usually the path to the texture file is wrong (or missing). You can check by opening the .x file in notepad, you'll find the material entries somewhere in the middle. You can edit the path manually and save as ".x" again.

Metaseq does not handle relative paths, hence the confusion.

Regards,
Frank
TreeHugger

texture handling

Postby lcsaba » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:02 pm

Hello Frank,

thanks for helping, but the situation is a little bit different.
Both path descriptions are correct. I have cut the Pitts's path info and I have placed in front of the other path info, and the situation has been changed. The formerly white surface was covered by the Pitts texture.

Therefore I have merged the two bmp files, a cut my planes texture and pasted into a non used place at the Pitts's texture. Now I have only one texture file and it works. May be I should have known that only one texture file can be defined.

Regards

Laszlo
lcsaba

Postby TreeHugger » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:52 pm

Hello,

this is strange: I don't know why this happened. But FMS does support multiple textures in one model (Did it several times). Each texture needs its own material, of course. Peculiar...

Perhaps you could post some screenshots to get an idea what is going on?

Regards,
Frank
TreeHugger

texture mapping

Postby lcsaba » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:29 am

Hello Frank,

yesterday I made some trials but failed, but there is an interresting experience, therefore I have a question:
Are there any geometrical relations between the metaseq model and the texture file, modelname.bmp?

I made my modell from sratch, but took the cocpit and the pilote, out from the Pitts modell. Opening the Pitts MQO file one can cut the necessary objectes and paste it into the modell under design.
Referencing the Pitts.bmp making a new material one can map the texture.

But, for my great surprise, selecting the cocpit, and making the MAP/ "set materiel to faces", immediatelly, withouth any scaling, moving, the cocpit is covered with the texture.

I cut out half of the cocpit, and repeted the process. The texture is not mapped, one has to scale, move, rotate, in fact I was not able to find the proper part of the texture.

As far as my knowledge of programming is concerned, there are two possibilities first, if the picture (.bmp file created by Microsoft Paint V5.1) has some structure and somehow related to the object to be covered. This can be some geometrical relation, becausen the UV coordinates are created and stored by Metaseq and put into the .X file, at saving.
I the process described above the Pitts.X file was only in the FMS/Model folder.

If You have no idea how is it possible I will remove the Pitts.X file out of my computer, and repeat the experiment.

Regards

Laszlo
lcsaba

new possibility

Postby lcsaba » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:08 am

Hello Frank,

Sorry there is an third possibility. I have made some more experimets, and it is higly probable, that the copied object carries the UV information. If You put the copied cocpit into a brand new modell, and there is the bmp file there, the mapping is OK (no scalings movings are necessary). If You do the same withouth the .bmp file, of course there is no mapping.

The consequence of this that there is no geomerical relation between the .bmp file and the MQO modell, which means that my modells texture file is correct.
I have to do some further ivestigations to find out what is the problem,
using two bmp files.

Regards

Laszlo
lcsaba

Postby TreeHugger » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:51 pm

Hello Laszlo,

basically it works like this: The whole mapping information (UV-coordinates) is stored within the metaseq file and exported to .x. The texture-file (.bmp) contains no information related to the 3D-model. It must be this way, since the creation of a texture has nothing to do with metaseq.

A copied obect carries the UV-coordinates, as you pointed out.

A material can, but doesn't have to reference a texture file. As soon as you apply a textured material to an object, default UV-coordinates are created. This is what you see when you select "set material to faces". These default UV-coordinates are usually (0 0, 0 1, 1 0, 1 1) for every quad. If you don't find the matching texture area while mapping, try scaling small first to locate it.

I suggest to do a little research for metasequoia tutorials, to get a solid idea of the basic principles. This will save you a lot of time and trouble. Some good tutorials have been mentioned in this forum. (Sorry, I don't have a good link at hand.)

Regards,
Frank
TreeHugger

Next

Return to General Discussions