[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Which file saves the settings for ...

Which file saves the settings for ...

Which file saves the settings for ...

Postby wawwaw » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:46 pm

Which file saves the settings for the joystick, please?

Now and then, when you reinstall FMS, it would come in handy to have a file backedup with the joystick settings so that you don't have to assign and calibrate again - I think ;)

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I tried the search bar with no success.

Best regs from NRW, Germany,
Wolf
wawwaw

Postby TreeHugger » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:52 am

Hi,

these values are stored in the Windows registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Flying-Model-Simulator\RcJoyForm
To re-use them, you'd need to export this branch using regedit before you uninstall FMS. After re-installing FMS, import data as Registration file. Don't modify the registry unless you really know what you're doing!

Considering all the trouble a corrupted registry can give you, I'd suggest to calibrate and map controllers manually. It's much safer and doesn't take too long.

Actually, why would you want to un- and re-install FMS repeatedly?

Regards
TreeHugger

@TreeHugger / Save Settings:

Postby wawwaw » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:57 am

Thank you for the instant reply.

I might have found out about the registry myself, as there is no .ini file or s.th. like that. But now I know for sure :)

Well, right, un-/reinstalling isn't a job you do "repeatedly" of course, it's just so that I did it once or twice recently because I was experimenting with new graphics cards which at first went totally wrong, so that I had to write back a system image I had made before installing FMS and some other programs.

Anyway, the system is stable now, I've made a new image INCLUDING FMS ;) so that I hopefully won't have to reinstall it again. But it's good to know about the storing procedure and I'm going to export this registry branch right now because you never know :)

Thanks again and lots of trees for you to hug,
Wolf
wawwaw

Return to General Discussions