[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - What Controller do I use for Super Cub in FMS?

What Controller do I use for Super Cub in FMS?

What Controller do I use for Super Cub in FMS?

Postby solarwin » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:43 am

Help please!,

What Controller do I use for Super Cub in FMS? Where do I buy it? Can I get a decent one cheaply? What type of PC cable interface would you recommend?

I just bought a HobbyZone Super Cub for my son, but I want him to use a FS before he starts flying the real thing. From what I see, the stock transmitter that comes with the Super Cub does not have a cable interface, so it would seem that I would have to buy a transmitter/controller to use with FMS. Is that the right assumption?
solarwin

Postby ggunners » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:54 pm

Simplest is a USB dual-joystick controller, about $10 at Walmart.

Better is a USB RC controller, 22.95 at allerc.com
http://www.allerc.com/product_info.php?products_id=3660

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby solarwin » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:14 pm

Thanks ggunners,

what kind of usb joystick would best emulate the controller that comes with the Super Cub?
solarwin

Re: What Controller do I use for Super Cub in FMS?

Postby ggunners » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:01 pm

solarwin,

The supercub uses a 3 channel controller. The two controllers I mentioned are setup for 4 channels.
The dual-joystick is OK, the allerc controller is much better.

To use them on the supercub, just use the right stick for rudder/elevator and the left stick for throttle.

While this is not exactly like the supercub, we are training the mind to understand which sticks
do what by making manually adjustments and watching the airplane. The experience will
translate between the 3 channel and 4 channel controllers.

If your son trys every model on the Sim with the 4 channel controller and can keep them from crashing,
the experience with the real model will have the best chance for success. So try similar models in the
sim, but also try slower and faster ones.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Return to General Discussions