How to land the helicopter properly?

How to land the helicopter properly?

Postby ijoi24 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:25 am

Hi guys,

I am newbie here. Really exited to play FMS so that i am able to fly the real helicopter soon. btw, how i want to land the helicopter properly since it will always move forward and will never stay stationary once the helicopter is flying.please help me..thankz
ijoi24

Re: How to land the helicopter properly?

Postby KEW » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:49 pm

Hi,
When you are flying a helicopter it will always move in the direction that the rotor disk is tilted. To stop it moving forward, you have to pull slightly back on the "elevator" stick to tilt the rotor back a little. This will slow the forward movement. When it stops, level the rotor and you will hover. It is very difficult to keep the helicopter stationary because any slight tilt on the rotor will start the copter moving in that direction so you have to constantly correct for this. Try all of the helicopters you have, and pick the most stable one to learn on.
If you don't have many to choose from, Treehugger gave a url to a site that has about 20 helicopters for FMS. Look under "Models" in this forum, for the heading "Belt-CP V2 + TW-742 models anyone?"
Someone once told me that flying a model helicopter is like balancing an egg on the blade of a knife while you are riding a unicycle. That's pretty close, but it is a lot of fun.
Good luck and happy flying.
KEW
KEW

Postby ijoi24 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:20 pm

hi there,

First of all thankz for the reply. With your proper instruction, now i manage to land the helicopter eventhough sometimes it end up with a crash. Need some more practice and i hope i will able to fly a real rc helicopter soon...:)
ijoi24

Postby KEW » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:48 pm

I am happy that you are now able to land. Now, all it takes is lots of practice - and then some more!
Good flying,
KEW
KEW

Return to General Discussions