[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Another Free Simulator? II - This is the one

Another Free Simulator? II - This is the one

Postby James » Wed Feb 06, 2002 4:24 pm

Man, Pre Flight is the one!! This simulator is a whole lot better than FMS! These people were professional and knowledgeable enough to add the first person view!

Yes unlike FMS designers who put in the chase view, but self-righteously neglect to put in the first-person view, Pre Flight sees the true meaning of R/C simulators and helps the pilots all they can by adding first-person and every other view imagineable!

I am sorry for my honesty, but knowing that I am going to be deleting this anti-american R/C simlulator, I feel free know to let my thoughts known!
James

Postby johnhlong » Wed Feb 06, 2002 8:01 pm

I wish you the best with your new software.

It seems that you may have missed the point of FMS. It is for training / simulating actual R/C aircraft. No necessarly to be fun. It allows us to try out new stunts and setups befor risking a ũ,000 - Ū,000 plane or helicopter.

The first person view is more for entertainment.

That is why there are different products out there.

Again happy flying and above all, have fun.

John
Seattle, WA
USA
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby Shinichiro_Nishiya » Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:58 pm

I think there is no border on FMS
And this fact makes me happy.

Shinichiro Nishiya
Aomori city, Japan

(Edited by Shinichiro Nishiya at 4:00 pm on Feb. 7, 2002)
Shinichiro_Nishiya

Postby August » Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:06 pm

Just a lot of bullshit what james is writing ! I tested preflight; it's nice, but obviously not programmed by a professional programmer. Very worse is to restart after a crash; you have to reload the model.
And the if james had a look at the pre - flight homepage he would have seen that preflight is 'anti-american', too because it's australian. BTW, what means 'anti - american' these days ?
August

Postby solo » Fri Feb 08, 2002 6:59 pm

Everybody is entitled to an opinion!!!.... but just to say that pressing the "F12" key restarts Pre-flight after a crash -- you dont have to reload the model everytime( just my 2 cents!!).

Rgds.

(Edited by solo at 9:01 am on Feb. 9, 2002)
Share wat u know, learn that u don't
solo

Postby bsergeev » Fri Feb 08, 2002 9:31 pm

August,
Why are you so angly?
James liked cute picture of shiny Pitts. He closed his eyes on awkward interface and "strange" flight model, but that's a matter of preferences...

And what's the meaning of "anti-American", I dare to ask? FMS is also a non-American software. Thanks to German dudes for FMS an Australian fellow for PRE-Flight, who keep developing the sims and allowing us in America to enjoy it for free. They keep the free spirit of Internel alive!
Boris
bsergeev

Postby damnifino 39 » Mon Feb 11, 2002 2:46 pm

How can anyone complain about freeware???????geezzzzzz! Thanks guys for a wonderful FREE sim I hope u wont let the detractors discourage u from working on FMS and continuing to improve it!! For every 1 that dont apreciate it there are a 100 of us that do!
**** if i know (shrugs and grins)
damnifino 39

Postby Mack » Tue Feb 12, 2002 12:41 pm

Well said damnifino 39 - fully agree.
Mack

Postby DavidM » Tue Feb 12, 2002 6:13 pm

James' posting made me so angry that it had a positive result - I registered for this forum! I fail to understand why a MODEL flight simulator - like FMS - should even be expected to put a "first person" view. The hardest thing for any "newbie" to (real) model flying to grasp is the reversal of the right/left controls when a model travels towards you. (I write as a model AND full-size glider pilot). I just want to say that I think that FMS is superb. Any additional development in the area of model physics (especially with regard to gliders - perhaps electric?) would be fine by me, but the program is already GREAT as it is. Many thanks to Roman & Michael Möller for their hard work and generosity.
DavidM

Postby johnhlong » Tue Feb 12, 2002 7:47 pm

I wonder if James is still around?

Or was it a hit and run attack?

John
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby heliphil50 » Thu Feb 14, 2002 12:50 am

fly together
heliphil50

Postby joseaba » Wed Feb 20, 2002 10:08 am

Hello.
Let him talk. Some people just talk for talking.
FMS is a great Sim, I have the Demo of PreFlight and my opinion I like FMS better.
Thanks to the guys that create FMS, keep up the good work. There is always someone to complain when the shouldn't.
Have a great day guys.
THANKS
joseaba

Postby The Gster » Tue Feb 26, 2002 5:20 pm

I think taht FMS was not meant to be a first person entertainment game because its purpose is for learning and it does this well beyond any expectations and has certainly helped my flying as a biginner.

(Edited by The Gster at 6:21 pm on Feb. 26, 2002)
Thanks The G'ster
The Gster

Postby TeamGreenRacr » Tue Mar 05, 2002 8:58 pm

Pre-Flight... vs. FMS... COMON! Weak sauce! LONG LIVE FMS :D
.-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-.
Ben Perschek
Kent, WA
USA
.-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-.
TeamGreenRacr

Postby hobbit » Sun Apr 14, 2002 9:52 pm

hobbit