[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - New Landscape - Skeeter Lake -- Race Course

New Landscape - Skeeter Lake -- Race Course

Postby Perry » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:23 am

I finally got this one completed.
It's 3.1MB
I tried to decrease the file size but I could't do it without ruining the graphics.
I tried also to upload some hovercraft models to the web site but it complained that I was over my limit.
I hope you enjoy this very different landscape. A lot of time went into it.
I will see what I can do about getting the hovercraft models onto the site also.

download at:

Enjoy.
Perry
Perry

Postby aeropal » Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:46 am

Last edited by aeropal on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aeropal

Postby Perry » Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:19 pm

Ok a different site has the Hovercraft.
Download from:
Perry

Postby Swedish Mike » Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:35 pm

Hi Perry: I'm new to this forum but I've been lurking for a while. The reason I address you is that I've DL'ed the Skeeter landscape of yours but it keep crashing my FMS prog when I try to run it. I have tried your other landscapes and they work just fine.

I'm using FMS 8.

Cheers
Mike
Swedish Mike

Postby Perry » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:25 am

I suppose I should upgrade to the newer sim version. Call me stuck in the mud but I have a lot of planes I hate to leave behind. :)
Didn't know it didn't function with the newer version of FMS ... I'll check it out, and let you know.
The problem is FMS wants me to uninstall first, so I can't maintain my old planes.
I suppose that's progress.
Is anyone out there running the newest version of FMS on which Skeeter Lake works OK?
Perry

Postby Perry » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:30 am

I just upgraded to Alpha 8.
Appeared locked up until I changed the option "Simulate Empty Tank"
Downloaded Skeeter Lake from my web site to check for broken links and file curruption.
Loaded Skeeter Lake OK. Operated OK. No Lockup.
Just a guess, but I think you might have a currupted download. :(
Try Downloading it again.

Perry
Perry

Postby Swedish Mike » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:28 am

Thanks Perry - I'll try that! :)

Last night I tried to load the Skeeter-lake again, just to see exactly what happens and I got these two warning popups:

- 2.4155 is not a valid floating point value.

- Access violation at address 00386077 in module "coldet.dll" Read of address 0001FF59.

Does this mean anything to you?
Swedish Mike

Postby Swedish Mike » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:38 am

Still no go, sorry - I've downloaded the files again but the sim still locks up with the same warning messages as last night. ???

//Mike
Swedish Mike

Postby Perry » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:23 pm

I'm frustrated.
I can't reproduce your error.
I've run it on a new machine without problems.

Incidentally the hovercraft are for FMS7, won't run on FMS8
I will have to remedy that as soon as I understand the .par files. :(

Perry
Perry

Postby Swedish Mike » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:14 pm

I'm a little bit frustrated as well - I love roaming around in your landscape! :)

Thanks for trying!

//Mike
Swedish Mike

Postby Perry » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:40 pm

Just discovered.
FMS 2 Alpha 8.2 will not allow as many objects in the scene as previous versions.
Because my scenes are maxed with objects, if you try to use my scenes with this version of FMS it crashes.
The remedy may be to edit the scene file with a text editor and place an "end" statement before the end of the document, (about somewhere in the middle) then save it.
This will allow you at least to use it.
Swedish Mike this may be the answer to the delema.

Perry
Perry

Postby dingoland » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:54 pm

Hi Perry !

I would like to download your hovercrafts models but all links are dead :(
Can you tell me please where can i find them ??

Best regards

Greg
dingoland

Postby Perry » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:17 pm

Greg
The hovercraft are at a different site

Use this link instead.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I discovered too late that they wouldn't let me store anymore on that Homestead site.
I tried to restructure the link but couldn't upload the new page without removing SkeeterLake Landscape.

Also note that these Hovercraft have par files for
FMS2 Alpha7, they won't function on Alpha 8 without restructured par files.

Perry
Perry

Postby Swedish Mike » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:30 pm

Hello Perry,

Thanks for the remedy - I'll try it even though it kind of defeats the pupose with your landscapes. I love them BECAUSE they have so much details in them! :D

I hope this is just a glitch with the 8.2 beta and that we'll be able to use landscapes with mucho detail in the future.

Cheers

//Mike
Swedish Mike

Postby Swedish Mike » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:15 pm

Perry, I tried the "fix" you suggested and put the end-statement somewhere in the middle of the file (after "cones") - It still doesn't work. ???

//Mike
Swedish Mike

Next

Return to Landscapes