[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - City Idea - Big Citys

City Idea - Big Citys

Postby aerobaticflyer » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:47 pm

I was flying my Fokker Dr.1 when I went to far to the edge of the landscape. for a landscape i'd suggest a huge city like N.Y. or Boston.
aerobaticflyer

Postby EJRocky » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:19 pm

I posted up a topic about that as well. I don't know where there is one, but maybe someone will make one. :;):
Don't drink water... fish have SEX in it!
EJRocky

Postby Perry » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:35 pm

I started to make one.
It was discouraged because of 911
A city the size of Boston might not be possible.
I maxed out my objects with my city nowhere finished.
What's there is fun to fly though.
Just don't want a terrorist to get ahold of it to practice with.
Perry

Postby Isaac » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:36 pm

I think the fact terrorists used planes against buildings is not a reason for not making a city scenery.

I saw a discussion like this in other threads of this forum, and I think this is just paranoia.

If so, games like Counterstryke should not exist. Or even movies like Collateral, etc...

Every day thousands of people are killed by weapons, bombs, etc. and the entertainement industry don't stop of making violent games and movies.

The september 11th terrorists used real planes for training, wich I think is more effective than a R/C simulator.

Besides, FMS and Metasequoia are available in the Internet for free, so if they want they can make their own sceneries.
Isaac
Isaac

Postby squashmypastry » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:12 am

COUNTERSTRIKE IS AWSOME!!! HAVE YOU EVER EVEN PLAYED IT!?!?!!?!!!
squashmypastry

Postby orion1992-12 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:43 pm

If you think about it, many RC simulators are very much like real life. They're designed like that. So a terrorist could definitely use an RC simulator to decide what plane to use, the angle of attack, and so on and so forth. However, I don't think terrorists using an RC simulator with city scenery is very likely because security measures are so tight now that it is virtually impossible for a plane to be hijacked. Using FMS wouldn't help the terrorists achieve their goal. They are much more likely to suicide bomb a building or convention in a car or something.
orion1992-12

Return to Landscapes