[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - DOWNLOADING FILES into the right place?

DOWNLOADING FILES into the right place?

Postby micky1mo » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:49 pm

Hi, I can down load flies but they end up in my documents.
How can I get them into FMS file and make them work as I can't seem to find it.
Please beer in mind I am a coumpter dork :p
micky1mo

Postby ggunners » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:06 pm

First install WinZip on your computer. This program is free and unzips files into specific directories on your hard drive. Google winzip to find the free download.

Then when you download a zip file, "Extract" the file to C:\Program Files\FMS\Models for FMS 2 alpha 8.5.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby micky1mo » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:58 am

I did say I'm a computer dork :p
I down loaded the winzip file.
How do I "extract" ????
micky1mo

Postby ggunners » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:51 pm

ggunners

Postby micky1mo » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:32 pm

micky1mo

Postby ggunners » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:12 pm

If you "Extract" the entire ZIP file to C:\Program Files\FMS\Model for FMS 2 alpha 8.5.

You'll find the models when you click the [Model] menu item and then [Load].

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby micky1mo » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:24 am

No extra models in the model menu ???
I think I shoud give this up as a bad job and just stick to crashing/repairing my helis. at least I can do that with out tearing my hair out and making my PC do all kinds of strange things, :angry:
micky1mo

Postby FreeFlier » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:54 am

Try this: You've downloaded the particular file and decompressed using Winzip, or some other decompression program, and it's sitting in the "Your Documents" folder - probably in the form of a "file" icon.
Double click on the file icon and a window will open up on the desktop. This will show all the files that make up the particular simulated FMS model - these will consist of a list of individual files, some of which are more important to the model's functioning in FMS; this information is not important now, but may be later. Leave the file open on the desktop for now.
It's time now to find the FMS models folder; on my system it's in the Program Files folder on drive-C; yours probably is in the same folder but may be on a different drive. Double click on the "My Computer" icon on the desktop. Double click on the drive letter that FMS is on - I think the default location on most systems is "C". In any case, double click on "C" and look for Program Files and double click; look for and double click on FMS.
If all has gone ok, you should see the FMS folder in a window containing the models. landscape, and other folders that make up FMS. Double click on the models folder - or the landscape folder if you're trying to install a scenery. The models folder will appear as a window on the desktop containing the individual files for each model that was included in the original FMS installation - or any additional models that have been added.
Notice that the models are all individual files rather than the model folder as simply a file icon.
Now to bring the "new" model into models folder: select all the files in the window - either drag the mouse over the individual files until they're highlighted, or select using "edit" in the tool bar. You can now drag the selected files directly into the still open models folder - if you drag the files into the models folder, you can deposit them anywhere in the folder, even on top of other files, and they will be placed at the end of the folder; they will appear in their proper place (alphabetically) when you close the window; you can also use the edit tool (top of the window) to move, or copy, the files into the models folder.
Once the individual files for the new model are in the models folder you can close all the windows, trash any remaining icons, and start FMS.
Please forgive the excessive detail; there are both positive as well as negative elements to being obsessive and compulsive. Hopefully this is of some value to you.
FreeFlier

Postby micky1mo » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:57 pm

I have to thank you guys for all the effort but I am still confused :p :p
I think the only way I'll be able to do this is to be shown :(
So does anybody live in Swindon Wiltshire and would like a nice cup-of-tee in exchange for a computer lession :;): :;):
micky1mo

Postby micky1mo » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:00 pm

Let my 10 year old nephew use the sim and now I have some downloaded files in the system :;):
I must ask him how he done it.
micky1mo

Return to Windows-Version