[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - gliding plane is going crazy with high speeds

gliding plane is going crazy with high speeds

gliding plane is going crazy with high speeds

Postby Rick15 » Wed May 17, 2006 1:28 pm

I'm a advanced user of fms (using it more than 1 1/2 years). when i'm flying a gliding plane (the standard plane from the alpha 8.5 version) it's not controleble on high speeds and the program is just crashing. later on i can use it normally.

(i'm dutch so my english may be poor)

greetz

(oh, this is not a real problem its just something what i wan't to know)
Rick15

Postby Jürgen N. » Wed May 17, 2006 2:42 pm

Jürgen N.

Postby ggunners » Wed May 17, 2006 5:26 pm

ggunners

Postby Rick15 » Thu May 18, 2006 11:50 am

its the Diamant, the standard one of the alpha 8.5 version

and crashing is not the right word. the program is jammed and don't won't to go one. get it? i have to close the program and try a couple of times before it will work again (understand?)

@ggunners: aren't you the same man of: have downloaded a lot of models from this webpage but they are a little onstable and I think not really compatibel with the alpha 8.5 version
Rick15

Postby ggunners » Thu May 18, 2006 1:17 pm

Well, I've tried the "Diamant" model with its original .par file using the standard "World" landscape file and it seems fine to me.

Have you modified the .par file?

What settings are you using for Wind and Thermals?

You can find the exact numbers within the Windows Registry under "My Computer\KHEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Flying-Model-Simulator\ThermalForm". Use REGEDIT.EXE at your own risk.

My settings are BubbleZ = "2" and iBubbles = "40".

If you turn off wind and thermals and still have a problem with models, then it's a problem with the model.

Several of the models on my web site are a bit twitchy, just like the real models. Many times I do not have the actual models myself and must rely upon feedback from actual owners to tweak the .par file. Feel free to make any model more stable by editing the .par file yourself. I like Mr. Masuoka's paredit.exe program located: http://rcp.web.infoseek.co.jp/fms_e.htm ... _Converter

You may want to uninstall FMS and reinstall it to clear any issues that may have cropped up in the Windows Registry. It's helped some other people get back to the base install.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby Rick15 » Sat May 20, 2006 4:57 pm

no i'have not modified the plane but just when you crash in to ground or fall out of the sky and try to pull up it does that.

wind and thermals are all out everythings is set on zero

and i'have tried to understand the paredit program from that website a long time ago but don't understand a **** of it
Rick15

Postby ggunners » Sun May 21, 2006 12:36 am

ggunners

Postby Rick15 » Wed May 24, 2006 1:22 pm

Ok, I'm now on school I will try it when I get home, but thanks anyway.
Rick15

Return to Windows-Version