[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Solution for FMS crashes in Windows XP Media Center Edition!

Solution for FMS crashes in Windows XP Media Center Edition!

Solution for FMS crashes in Windows XP Media Center Edition!

Postby Ramon » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:27 pm

Flying home soon - Controlled by The Lord

><>

Jesus Is Lord
Ramon

Postby Ramon » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:51 am

A little follow-up on the com port issue.
This is done on a Windows xp Media Center edition OS.
I don't know if it will also work on xp pro and xp home edition or not.

The freeware program worked without a hitch.

But, I wanted to also try the registry mod discribed in another thread.
The registry mod is to make a text file named "fms_com_port_fix.reg". without the quotation marks.

And in the file I have;

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\SERIALCOMM]
"\\Device\\Serial0"="COM5"

Like was descibed in the other thread - with the one exception being the change to com 5. The reason for this was I saw that the freeware program was using com 5, so I knew that worked. Make Sense??

This works also on my machine, with these glitchs.
The registry mod has to be repeated every time the computer is re-booted and sometimes between re-starts.
And, for some strange reason, the program now losses the control calibration also.

Both of these issues happen together. It's not one by itself. If it needs the registry entry put back in, then it has also lost the control calibration. I don't know why, just that it happens in that way, time after time.

My thinking? I'm going back to the freeware program for now. If I find any problems with it later I will post anything I find.

Ramon
Flying home soon - Controlled by The Lord

><>

Jesus Is Lord
Ramon

Return to Windows-Version