[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - windows XP SP2

windows XP SP2

windows XP SP2

Postby Leslie » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:58 am

Hi I have tried to install the flight sim and keep getting DONT LOAD INSTALLER FUNCTION comes up in the screen and thats the end of it. I have the program on CD and still no joy. It loads into windows 98 without any
problems, and I had it installed before I went to SP2. Any ideas out there?
Les
Leslie

Postby Lindsay » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:47 am

You don't say what version you are trying to install. It sounds like an old version that is not compatible with XP's installer. I would download the latest ver and try again. Make sure you have a real com port enabled or create a 'fake' one (search for info here).
Lindsay

XP SP2

Postby Leslie » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:02 pm

Hi Lindsay, thanks for the info, have downloaded 4 different versions including the latest, and I assume the version on E Sky CD is fairly late will try your suggestion on setting a port. will get back with the result.
Les
Leslie

Win XP SP2 problems

Postby Leslie » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:05 am

Hi, thanks for the suggestions, checked port settings and all was as normal.
Tried to install latest download and got corrupt program notice, and also a
pop up from my Spycatcher anti virus, "A suspicious file tried to run"checked
the quarantine and found it referred to Ginstall.dll this is the file needed by
FMS to load the setup. So raced through all my antivirus/spy ware programs
and there they were in quarantine. Changed the programs to allow it to run
and "Eureka" the program loaded. A bit of fine tuning on latest drivers for graphics card and it runs like a dream. So the problem wasn't in WinXpSP2
but the antivirus programs which, though I thought I had closed them, were still running in the background. Hope this is of use to others with the same
frustration I had, and I kept thinking it was the SP2 upgrade which it wasn't.
I installed from a CD with version Alpha 8.3 that came with E sky outfit.
All is happiness :lol:
Les
Leslie

Postby Lindsay » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:23 pm

Lindsay

Return to Windows-Version