[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Select Joystick? - How can I select Joystick 2 in controls menu

Select Joystick? - How can I select Joystick 2 in controls menu

Postby brinkwmj » Wed Feb 27, 2002 1:41 pm

Hi,
I've just tried FMS (v2 beta 7) for the first time....it's great.
However I've got a MS sidewinder gamepad + a MS sidewinder analog joystick connected to my pc. The joystick is coming up as joystick 2 in the controls menu.
How can I make FMS use this joystick?
The only way I can use FMS with the joystick is to uninstall the gamepad (unplugging it doesn't work)
If I disconnect the gamepad I get errors when I go to the control menu and the program hangs
brinkwmj

Postby The Gster » Wed Feb 27, 2002 5:21 pm

You can go into control panel click on game controllers, and click on the advanced tab. Now change your game pad to 3, change your joystick to 1 and then change your game pad back to 2.
Thanks The G'ster
The Gster

Postby The Gster » Wed Feb 27, 2002 5:23 pm

Sorry, Forgot that this will stop any other games from regognising your game pad and will replace it with the Joystick, you will have to choose wich is best or change them when you need
Thanks The G'ster
The Gster

Postby brinkwmj » Thu Feb 28, 2002 8:47 am

Yup, that's the problem!
I did try changing the controller id's, but as soon as I put the gamepad back in it "grabbed" ID 1, even though the joystick was set up as ID 1. The only way I could get it to work was to actually uninstall the gamepad completely.
What it needs is a "tickbox" in the control menu to allow you to choose joystick 2 as the preferred method of control.
Sounds easy, but I bet it isn't! How about doing it FMS? ...Please :-)
brinkwmj

Return to Windows-Version