[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Roll problems

Roll problems

Postby Quackert » Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:07 am

When I use aileron on more or less any FMS model the plane continues to roll (very slowly) even after I put the stick back to neutral position. I know that the engine can produce this, but that should only be in one direction and not in both. I'm not able to stop this effect using the trim on my gamebird controller. If the plane rolls right and I trim slightly left, the plane starts to roll left...
Is this a known problem, or is there anything wrong with my config? The problem does not occur with Easyfly.
Quackert

Postby emo » Fri Jun 21, 2002 6:45 am

I have never experienced this...
Have you tried to turn on exponential on ailerons in the setup? This makes the model less sensitive around the center-position of the stick.
Regards,
Erlend Moen
Norway
emo

Postby Quackert » Mon Jun 24, 2002 2:38 pm

Thank you for this tip, but this did not really change something. Even if I do not touch the aileron after take-off, the plane starts to roll into one direction.

If I take a turn, the planes tend to return to level flight without me touching the sticks. After 90° turn the plane is on level flight again, and I have to and I have to use aileron again to continiue the turn.

Any ideas?
Quackert

Postby Steve Lewin » Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:29 pm

What you are describing sounds a lot like the way a plane with dihedral behaves in real life.

But I think I know what you mean. It is almost impossible to trim a a plane perfectly in FMS so that it will fly completely hands-off. But then again have you ever tried doing that with a real model ? To me it just makes it more useful. You have to fly models, they don't fly themselves (except maybe slow fliers with lots of dihedral and they behave the same in FMS).

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby Quackert » Tue Jun 25, 2002 8:00 am

Yes, planes behave like taht in real life, but not that much. If I use aileron to turn so that the wings are 45°, whithout touching the sticks the plane comes back to level flight (wings at 0°) after a quarter of a turn (90°).

On a real plane, even after a 180° turn, I always have to use aileron in the oposite direction of the turn to put back the plane in level flight.

Dihedral can't be the problem, as I have the effect with every plane in FMS.

Ben
Quackert

Postby emo » Thu Jun 27, 2002 7:25 am

How is it if you use the keyboard instead of your transmitter? Will it still roll?

I exeprience from time to time that I have to re-calibrate my transmitter to make it work right. Not to mention if I use my joystick.
Regards,
Erlend Moen
Norway
emo

Return to Windows-Version