[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Problem Running FMS - Computer reboots itself.

Problem Running FMS - Computer reboots itself.

Postby VTPro » Mon Jul 01, 2002 8:01 pm

Nearly every time I try to run FMS, my computer reboots itself and starts going through the whole scan disk routine.

I have WindowsME for an operating system.

I have no idea what's going on. I have searched the forums and found plenty of blank screen reports, but none like mine. I am a few steps beyond frustrated at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
VTPro

Postby VTPro » Thu Jul 04, 2002 4:15 pm

I didn't know how to erase my post, so I am adding a reply. Maybe it will help somebody in the distant future.

I kept messing with it and determined that I was having a conflict problem with another program that automatically runs on my system. I haven't determine which one yet, but that is the easy part. Then, I will just have to remember to do Ctrl/Alt/Del and end that task before running each time.

Thanks anyway,
Jeff
VTPro

Postby VTPro » Fri Jul 05, 2002 7:50 pm

Anybody ever jump the gun??? Apparently, I do!

I thought it was a conflict error with other programs. I had closed all other programs except Explorer and FMS ran. Then I made my post thinking I had figured out where I was having a problem. When I went to run it again.......... my computer rebooted. Out of about 20 tries, it will run once.

I have tried reinstalling it. I have tried downloading the Alpha exe file and using that..... Can't seem to find the right answer.

So, once again, ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Not often you see a running post with only one person on it.
VTPro

Postby VTPro » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:18 pm

OK!!!

I think I have it this time. I have run FMS consecutively many times now.

I had my joystick plugged into the game controller port and for some reason, that was causing a problem with the computer that made it do the things it was doing. As soon as I unplugged it and tried running FMS it came right up with no problems and has ever since.

I didn't get any replies, but thanks for those who checked in.

Jeff
VTPro

Return to Windows-Version