[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - win2000 , can not get to `ressources` and `mapping

win2000 , can not get to `ressources` and `mapping

Postby rcjarvis » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:26 am

Hi guys , I used to fly fms under win 98 without a single glitch for 2 years .
Now I changed my platform to win2000 and I can't get to calibrate my controller because the (ressources) and (mapping\calibrate ) buttons don't highlight . They do work for joystick interface and pic interface . But they don't highlight for 16 and 32 bit interface. I use the same lpt1 port interface that I used under win98 se.

Any help would be grandly appreciated . danger@aei.ca
rcjarvis

Postby trvo » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:35 am

Hiya,

I am not familiar with using what you are talking about but are you using Windows 2000 compatible drivers for you controller? If you aren't then maybe try and get some updated ones from the manufacturers website. Just a suggestion.

Hope that it helps

Kind Regards - Trvo
Please Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. We do however concede that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced. Visit My Website at: http://www.freewebs.com/fmsusers/
trvo

Postby Steve Lewin » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:06 am

The simple parallel and serial port interfaces do not work with Win 2000 (or NT or XP). They never have, the operating system does not support the commands needed to access them. You'll need a new interface of the correct type e.g. PIC serial, joystick, Smartpropo.

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby rcjarvis » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:12 pm

Thanks for the cue , but , where do I get those interfaces ?
rcjarvis

Postby trvo » Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:13 pm

Hiya,

Smartpropo (the one I use on Win 2K) is a Do It Yourself Interface cable which is very simple to make. You will find instructions to make it here:

You will also find the program to run this interface at the same site.

Hope that all goes well for you

Kind Regards - Trvo
Please Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. We do however concede that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced. Visit My Website at: http://www.freewebs.com/fmsusers/
trvo

Postby aeropal » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:21 pm

-
aeropal

Return to Windows-Version