[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - For ATI owners only

For ATI owners only

Postby Saft-is » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:35 pm

Saft-is

Postby Mark in Aus » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:44 am

There is nothing wrong with your RADEON or the drivers
FMS just has a little way to go yet is all.
It will be worth the wait for a patch or fix
Mark in Aus

Postby mailman13 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:01 pm

It seems like there is a huge memory leak in FMS as well, leaving it on for about 20 minutes and I'm out of RAM and swapspace. (512M + 1.2GB).

This doesn't look like a ATI problem, rather sloppy programming in FMS.

Edit: If any of the developers read this: Put the problem in the FAQ, a lot of people are having problems and it would help to know that it is a known issue...
mailman13

Postby PacketCmdr » Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:44 am

I have an ATI 9500 Pro and got FMS 2 Alpha 8.1 to work with True Alpha not selected. Shadows are white but that is minor. I could not get it to work at all before unless I turned all 3d acceleration off which made it unusable anyway. I am using ATI driver ver. 6.14.10.6430. I get 75 FPS. -Mark
PacketCmdr

Postby Mark in Aus » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:53 am

Yep on the first generation radeons (9500,9700)you can get that far but with the new generation radeons (9600,9800)
the game wont even run so you can't even get in there to change settings..... ;) ???
Mark in Aus

Postby SkyRaider » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:58 am

Well it's been a YEAR since my last post... and check to see if FMS fixed the ATI problem... So from the feedback I am wondering what the developers have been doing for the last year...? still no fix for the ATI cards out there... starting to make me wonder if NVidia isn't funding this project.

How about some answers from the develpers.... what is the problem with getting ATI cards working? Is it simply that you do not own one? If that is the case I am willing to donate to the cause to get you one... to fix the problem.
SkyRaider

Postby Roman Moeller » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:42 am

Hello,

yes one problem is that we don't have an ATI radeon card, so we cannot test it on our system. But the main reason is that the retained mode of directx, which we are using, wasn't updated since directx 6 or 7. So we desided to develope a completely new graphic based on directx's immediate mode, which is more complex to program, but offers also more features to use, and is suppored by directx 9.
So I hoped the option for True Alpha will solve the problem until our new graphic is finished, which probably still will take some time. I know that this is not the best solution, but unfortunately I don't know how to solve the problem better. Most probably the bug is somewhere in the directx or in the translation of the software interface and not in the FMS itself, because there are not much options in using the shadow. I just have to create the shadow object, add it to the scene and set the projection plane. The only additional option I have, is to set true alpha or not. The object even resists to changing its color, from white to black. So the problem is still not solved, simply because I don't know how.

If the problem with the newer cards (9600,9800) is just, that one can not change the true alpha setting, because the program crashes, I can disable true alpha as default. So if anyone wants to test this, I can send you a testversion with disabled true alpha.

Regards,

Roman
Roman Moeller
Site Admin

Postby seboulaguepe » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:25 pm

seboulaguepe

Postby SkyRaider » Fri May 14, 2004 5:00 am

Yahoo!!!!... the TrueAlpha disable allows it to work with my Radeon 9500 Pro!!!!!

Thanks for continuing to work on this... :D

I would be happy to beta test for you... just let me know.
SkyRaider

Postby bullit » Fri May 28, 2004 9:01 pm

hi all
i had same problems with ati 9800 graffics but with the help of aeropal i was running the 8.i version i turned off true alpha
and the sim works now, but for one small problem i have a white shadow under the aircraft which should be black does anyone know how to solve. Other than that the sim works fine. Thanks again aeropal. :D :D
bullit

Postby bernd.rider » Sun May 30, 2004 8:24 am

Help !
How can i disable true alpha using a Ati 9600 pro graphics Card ?
Can anyone help ???
bernd.rider

Postby bullit » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:29 pm

hi bernd.rider
if you are running the 2.0 alpha 8.1 version within the sim
task bar at top click on graphics then options untic true alpha box also untic midmapping if need be hope this works for you. :D
bullit

Postby bernd.rider » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:19 am

Thanks for your help. It works fine now.
bernd.rider

Postby ambro » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:31 am

got same problem, freezes when I am to close to ground. Radeon 9800XT drivers DNA 2.6.4.6. I am not going to change drivers becouse these work best with games. I thing there is nothing wrong with ATI or my drivers becouse everything else works...
ambro

Postby KenM » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:48 am

Success!!!

Catalyst 4.7 drivers now allow us to choose True Alpha with appropriately colored shadow.
KenM

Previous

Return to Windows-Version