[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Floating Point Error v2.0 Alpha 8.2

Floating Point Error v2.0 Alpha 8.2

Postby JackR » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:19 pm

Installed v2.0, Alpha v8.2 on Win Me after removing the Alpha 8.1 version and doing a PC restart. During a launch of the program and during initialization, a floating point error occurs. This is recoverable as long as you immediately close the FMS window. If you try to proceed, you end up having to use the Task Manager to close FMS.

V8.1 ran smoothly on my system.
JackR

Postby sssfox » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:46 am

I'm having the same problem. I've installed and uninstalled v8.2 several times and I think I've traced it to the aircraft files for v8.1.

When you uninstall v8.1, it leaves the aircraft files. If I delete all of the files before I install v8.2, the problem seems to go away. If I copy the previous aircraft files back, the problem returns and I have to reinstall v8.2 to get it to work correctly.

I have a lot of downloaded files and I was trying to add them to v8.2 by copying the entire directory. I haven't tried to copy individual aircraft yet.
sssfox

Postby Roman Moeller » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:35 am

Hello,

I have no idea what that might be, but to make sure it is not the problem with the thermal winds, set them to 0.
Does it also happen with beta 7 models?

Roman
Roman Moeller
Site Admin

Postby sssfox » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:22 am

After a lot of testing, I found out it bombed when I add a subdirectory to the Model directory. It didn't have anything to do with the models themselves. I thought that was strange, so I downloaded the source file again and reinstalled it. I haven't had any problems since then.

I'm sure you hear it a lot, but this a REALLY nice program. I'm sure it has taken a lot of work up to this point, but as far as I'm concerned, it was worth it.
sssfox

Postby ggunners » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:21 pm

hmmmm... I'm running Win2K, my v8 models are in the \program files\fms\models directory and the v7 models are in the \program files\fms\models\v7 directory and it works fine. I adjusted the thermal parameter to keep the v7 models from flying to the moon and now only have an issue with what seems a too forward CG on v7 models using v 8.2 that requires full up elevator to remain level.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Postby sssfox » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:10 pm

I'm still having problems.

I found out if I exit the program with a helicopter (I've tried the Hughes and the ThreeDee) as the model, when I run it the next time, I get the floating point error. I can change to a fixed wing model and rerun the program and it works.

Also, I get the following error when I try to load one of the 7x flying sites:
Access violation at address 004813F3 in module 'FMS.exe" write of address AD0F8931.

Any ideas?
sssfox

Postby rbrown3rd » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:01 pm

rbrown3rd

Postby dingoland » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:29 pm

Hi !

I have the same problem with FMS beta 7 models.
It happens when i quit FMS 2.8.2 using a FMS beta 7 model.
When i start again FMS 2.8.2, this error occures. So, after error, i should load FMS 2.8.X model, close FMS, and open again not to have error again. It happens only when closing FMS 2.8.2 with beta 7 model.

Best regards

Greg
dingoland

Postby dennismiller » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:20 pm

Yes. Earlier versions cause floating point error but switching to 8 models resolves it. Thanks for the comments. At least I can now go back to using it.
dennismiller

Postby Underaged Pilot » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:52 pm

that doesnt help at all :angry:
Underaged Pilot

Postby sneezy » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:12 am

For what it's worth I have this problem too in Alpha 8.2. Never had any trouble in Beta 7 versions on the same system. I did un-install ver7 before I loaded 8.2

I also have problems with the controls slipping by one servo input. Aileron does not work on the program, channel two on my radio appears as one on FMS, channel three from my radio appears on ch 2 on FMS, and so on.

Also had some issues with some models suddenly accelerating wildly as though rocket powered. Usually while climbing vertical or close.

Also had issues with models just bouncing around on the ground as though made of super-ball rubber (before take off) !
Martin
sneezy

Postby ggunners » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:06 pm

Try alpha version 8.3. It's corrected a crashing problem caused by loading .geo files in lieu of .x. -- ggunners
ggunners

Return to Windows-Version