[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Serious problem

Serious problem

Postby indoorff » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:05 am

Hi Everyone,

I have tried downloading FMS for my Toshiba laptop, and have not been able to get it to work successfully. It installs, but when I go to run it, before it even gets into the program, the computer crashes with an error message describing a serious problem. This then requires a restart, but on the reboot, just as windows is starting back up, the same message comes up again, requiring my to reset my computer once again. After the second reboot, windows starts up normally. Why does this program appear to mess up my computer so badly? Has this happened to anyone else? This first time it did this I was rather scared that it had permantly damaged something because of the repeated rebooting required. I have tried different versions of the game, and they all do the same thing. I am running XP on the computer.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Chris
indoorff

Postby ggunners » Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:52 pm

indoorff,

Laptops are very tough to diagnose as they have special components, usually video, compared to desktop machines that make them less compatible with gaming programs.

XP is also a problem as it is relatively new and graphics drivers are just now shaking out for the 3D graphics card makers.

The best we can say is to be sure and run FMS 2 alpha 8.3 as it corrected some graphics issues. Make sure and upgrade your graphic chip drivers and DirectX to the latest versions. ATI has some new files that have helped several people with that chipset. If you don't know your chipset, then install the latest DirectX and run the DXDIAG utility using the <Start> <Run> command. It'll tell you what graphic chips are used under the "display" tab.

Good luck.

-- ggunners
ggunners

Return to Windows-Version