[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Newbie Questions re FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.5 - Most recent FMS, bugs at takeoff

Newbie Questions re FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.5 - Most recent FMS, bugs at takeoff

Postby nixxon » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:55 pm

At the most recent version of FMS seems to be FMS 2.0 Alpha 8.5.

I use WinXP SP2 on a Dell Dimension 8300, i875PE motherboard, with 3,0(E)MHz Prescott P4 processor. 2 x 512 MB Kingston Dual PC 3200, ATi Radeon 9800pro.

I have tried both
Flug-Modell-Simulator (FMS) Version 2.0 Alpha 8.5 (5'923 KB)
and
Flying-Model-Simulator FMS 2.0 Beta 7 (6'050KB)

After configuring Joystick axis, I can get my Joystick to work with the program. (Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2).

However when the model is on the ground, it is invisible. If I trottle up, I can take off with model invisible. After a few seconds, I can see the model & fly it for a while (30sec) until the screen freezes, but I can hear the model fly in the background, followed by a thump (when the model hits the ground). The program then freezes so I have to use ctrl+alt+del and force quit.

Is this the typical behavior with alpha 8.5 and XP?

:p

EDIT: I have read a little on the forum and promise to go home and disable True Alpha...
nixxon

Postby nixxon » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:40 pm

Downloaded it again, and everything works!!! :D

Maybe I previously have downloaded and installed FMS 2.0 Beta 7 twice?!?

Really cool. Even possible to flick-roll and make stall turns. This is much more realistic acro-behavior than FS2004! In FS2004 it is barely possible too loop with an extra 300!!!

Awesome!!

:p
nixxon

Return to Windows-Version