[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Any fix for alpha 8.5 and XP in sight? - Crashes , crashes, crashes

Any fix for alpha 8.5 and XP in sight? - Crashes , crashes, crashes

Postby what_the?! » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:35 am

Are there any fixes for the issue where FMS crashes before even starting.

?

I've disabled COM ports in the bios even...doesnt fix it.

It wont even run.

Dell Inspiron 9100, XP Pro, latest DX and VCard drivers, Radeon Mobility 9800 256mb, 1gb RAM.
what_the?!

Postby Eagle Al » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:59 pm

I'm probably the only person that will respond to your post!

I don't know how you expect to get any help considering the disorganize way you have provided us with information about your system. Your post isn't atypical. If you go through this forum, you'll find hundreds of posts without any replies.

Since FMS runs perfect on my computer and countless others, I doubt that it is at fault. The models crash because of some sort of conflict (interrruption) between the interface and the program. Second why would you need to disable the COM ports in the BIOS? If you aren't using them, they can't possibly conflict with the program or your method of interface.

You might describe how you're communicating to the program: USB, gameport (analog), serial port, or parallel port, and the controller you're using: TX with interface cable, Joystick, Gamepad, or whatever.

With some specific and logically laid out information, I'm sure you get some help.

Al :cool:
Eagle Al

Postby what_the?! » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:46 pm

Hi Al,

OK, well first, thanks for your reply. But I'd like to say that I read another post about XP and COM ports causing what appeared to be my problem- hence i tried that fix.

I didnt post the setup I have because it is the same setup that ive used since FMS 2.0 or thereabouts. The setup I have still works perfectly for the FMS 2.7 so i thought that the points of difference between the new alpha 8.5 and .7 would be the issues discussed.

My setup is as follows:

PIC interface via USB- from milehighwings for JR radio.
Radeon mobility 9800 vcard- latest drivers
WinXP Pro SP2.
1GB Ram.
Latest DirectX.
Latest chipset drivers.
Latest onboard sound drivers.

I get this message when i run FMS.

AppName: fms.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 0001eb33

If you could tell me if I've sent you the correct format of information needed to get a reponse, then I will gladly do so. I'm sorry that my last email appeared disjointed in any way- its just that i thought that such detail wasnt required as it appeared point of difference between beta 7 and alpha 8.5

I look forward to your reply.

Tim.
what_the?!

Postby what_the?! » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:49 pm

what_the?!

Postby Michael Moeller » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:37 am

Michael Moeller
Site Admin

Postby what_the?! » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:19 am

what_the?!

Return to Windows-Version