[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Memory Access Violation with Alpha 8.2

Memory Access Violation with Alpha 8.2

Postby Ken Rusnok » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:10 pm

Roman,

I am encountering a memory access violation error with Alpha 8.2. This error is unique to a favorite landscape being used.

First error:
violation in module "FMS.EXE" Write of address 22208941.

FMS can then be exited, and a second error is displayed:
violation in module "COLDET.DLL" Read of address FFFFFFF9.

Based on experience in working with my colleague who works on the VB and Delphi portion of our system, the addresses where the error occurred have been left out-- the bigger clue is usually with the module name. Based on the address accessed in the second error, there seems to be lost pointer or a near divide by zero operation.

These errors are unique to 8.2; 8.1 was OK. While I do not have the name of the landscape author, the "Ocean Site" files were created in late November and early December of 2003. The hope is one of more of the files can be edited to correct the address violations.

If you do not have access to a copy of OceanSite.zip, let me know how it can be fowarded to you. It is a 1.3M file. If I encounter any other landscape files that cause similar errors, I will let you know.

As always, thanks for all your work in providing us with such a great sim.
Ken Rusnok

Postby Swedish Mike » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:17 pm

Hi Ken,

I had the same (or a similar) problem with a couple of landscapes when I upgraded to FSM 8.1 - I fixed it by changing the values in the *.scn-files. It looks like FSM 8 does not like decimal values.

Here's what I changed (example from Skeeter Lake):

Original:
"AIRCRAFT_POSITION -95.4106 -1.3777 0
PILOT_POSITION -137.6812 3.3982 0"

New:
"AIRCRAFT_POSITION -95 -1 0
PILOT_POSITION -137 3 0"

Then it worked like a charm. :)

Hope it helps.
//Mike
Swedish Mike

Postby Ken Rusnok » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:53 am