[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - DirectX Issues? Win 98 PIII 450Mhz - Windows Errors starting FMS

DirectX Issues? Win 98 PIII 450Mhz - Windows Errors starting FMS

Postby 21st Centurion » Sun Aug 12, 2001 4:06 am

I get the folowing error message regardless of whether I remove the fms.ini and the init.dat from the fms directory:

Zugriffsvertetzung bei Adresse 647C5C94 in Modul 'D3DRM.DLL' Lesen von Adresse FFFFFF

I've downloaded bothe fms Vers 2.0B5 and fms Vers 2.0B6 both display the same problem. The newest Direct X version 8 is installed and operates without flaws on all other programs.

Please Help
21st Centurion

Postby Andy » Wed Oct 17, 2001 6:25 pm

I get exactly the same thing. I have tried with beta5 and beta6. I have deleted the fms.ini file, but there is no init.dat file to remove.

I have a "low end" 3d graphics card, a s3 virgemx chip. I do have directX 8.0 installed. Both directdraw and direct3d check out fine with the dxdiag utility. I saw a post suggesting directx8.0a might be better, but that was just to make some wierd effects go away, not make it work after a non-start like I get.

I'd appreciate any help anyone has! Anyone else working with the original directx8.0 find it works?

Maybe I have a bad directx8.. I think my directx8 might have come from the MystIII Exile game CD.. and those Ubisoft guys shipped the most buggy piece of software in history.

For now, the old DOS version still works after I reboot to DOS.. and I managed to build myself a circuit that works with my JR transmitter.. Great program, even in DOS with the plain graphics!
Andy

Return to Windows-Version