[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - FMS works great except - noise from pc when txmtr switched on

FMS works great except - noise from pc when txmtr switched on

Postby simmoz » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:33 am

hi all
i finally got fms to work on my pc.i have still one problem to overcome i hope someone can help?

I have a futaba skysport t4vf and when i turn it on i get a constant noise from the pc internal speaker, the pitch of the noise varies when the transmitter joysticks are moved.

I have xp connected through the parallel port with ppjoy,made 2 types of leads(one from heliguy and the other complements of flier1945)both have the noise problem. They work fine with my transmitter on another pc with no noise problems,have tranny crystal removed.I have enjoyed flying with fms but the noise is very annoyiiiiiing.

can anyone please end all my frustrations?
thanks
simmoz
???
simmoz

Postby shaul_eiz » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:03 am

Solutions:
Brute-force: Just mute your speakers.
or better: Start application sndvol32 and try to mute inputs one by one until you find the culprit.
Please let me know if this helped.
shaul_eiz

Postby simmoz » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:10 am

thanks i will give that a go. did not work it appears to be coming from the pc internal speaker

simmoz
simmoz

Postby shaul_eiz » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:40 am

I'm not sure I'm with you.
Did you try it yet? It did not work?
Do you mean you did mute the internal speaker but it did not make any difference?
If so, you have a hardware noise-problem. Did you try connecting to the audio card using SmartPropoPlus? It may prove to be a better solution.
shaul_eiz

Postby simmoz » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:17 am

sorry i was not clear
yes i did try muting the internal speaker it did not make any differance.
What is SmartPropoplus?
simmoz
simmoz

Postby shaul_eiz » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:12 pm

SmartPropoPlus enables you to connect your Tx directly to your Audio Card (Line in or Mic) without any additional hardware, except a cable of course.
The latest version was not posted yet, but I can send it to you if you wish. Free of charge, of course.
Please specify the type of modulation you use. I currently support PPM, JR (PCM), Futaba (PCM), Airtronics/Sanwa(PCM). If you are not sure, It's OK. PPM is used by over 90% of the people.
shaul_eiz

Postby simmoz » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:58 am

Hi shaul_eiz
do you have a diagram of the cable so i can make it.
I would really appreciate the latest smartpropoplus software,i have a fm ppm type transmitter.Is the software easy to install and is there any problems using this software.
Thanks
Simmoz
simmoz

Postby shaul_eiz » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:48 pm

An excellent source of cables and cable diagrams is .
I will send you the latest SPP(PPM) once you replied my email message (already sent).
The "installation" is very simple - just unzip the file and place it in the same folder in which file fms.exe is located.
I will send you additional documentation to help you calibrate FMS.
Please send me some feedback when you can.
shaul_eiz

Postby Eric Brouwer » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:37 pm

When using PPJoy/PPJoyCOM, ensure the "Beep on Signal" or similar option is turned off. This option is used only for setting up purposes.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby simmoz » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:13 pm

thanks eric for your reply i found ppjoy/ppjocom the "beep on signal" was not selected but it had in brackets after it(debug). I went to ppjoy global options selected there was debug ppm rc interface, i deselected this option and guess what NO MORE NOISE here ends many hours of frustration.
I would like to thank everyone who helped me with solving my problems.

simmoz
simmoz

Postby kokopeli » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:25 pm

kokopeli

Postby shaul_eiz » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:09 am

shaul_eiz

Return to Windows-Version