[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Throttle has more effect than elevator - with full throttle and max down elevator model still climbs.

Throttle has more effect than elevator - with full throttle and max down elevator model still climbs.

Postby edcolle » Fri Feb 08, 2002 1:39 am

The model acts like it has about 10 degrees of up thrust and at least 5 degrees of left thrust. ( instead of right thrust). On many models there will be a dive to the right as soon as the throttle is cut. The down movement will be so severe that even full up elevator will not cause it to fly level. At about 1/2 throttle the plane will fly level and can be trimmed on some models. All are very touchy and if any movement like a normal rate turn is tried the plane will over control violently. Full left airlon will not prevent the diving to the right when power is cut. I could not get
version 2 beta 6 to function so I down loaded version 2 beta 7. I also tried version 2 alpha 7.51 the problem exists in each version with my system. I am using a 450MC. AMD K6-3.I also have a 1300mc. AMD Thunderbird which I will be switching to shortly. The calibrate works perfectly with no interaction of the controls or jitter. The control boxs used are a JR Quattro and a JR631. The interface is from Virtual RC and appears to work perfectly. Changing items 15 (angle of mounting of wing) and item 18 (center of gravity) in the .PAR files does have a minor effect but it also makes the models more unstable.

Ed Colle
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
edcolle

Postby Shinichiro_Nishiya » Sat Feb 09, 2002 12:55 pm

Does the interface (Virtual RC) work in beta 6 perfectly?
Did you do the Mapping / calibration correctly in beta 7?
Or I recommend you to check it out that this interface will work in other PC with beta 7
I hope it will help you.

Shinichiro Nishiya
Aomori city, Japan
Shinichiro_Nishiya

Postby edcolle » Sat Feb 09, 2002 5:36 pm

I can not get version 2 beta 6 to work. I get error messages in german. I can get calibrate to work in beta 6, but it locks up as soon as I exit the calibrate function with an error message. The only way to get out of the program is to use Control alternate delete and end the task.
The question that I have is does the throttle control attitude of the model as it does in the helicopter versions. From one of the posts, the answer to a question about helicopter stability was that all throttle functions above 1/2 throttle are positive thrust and all throttle functions below 1/2 throttle are negative thrust. This sounds very strange and does not agree with any flight characteristics that I am aware of. This is exactly how my
FMS program is working. Instead of forword thrust the engine appears to be generating vertical thust with all throttle positions below 1/2 throttle generating negative lift. The calibrate positions for my JR transmitters are rudder 4, elevator 3,airlon 2, throttle 1. All controls are centered in calibrate with control sticks centered and all move though the complete range of motion.
edcolle

Postby solo » Sat Feb 09, 2002 8:19 pm

The question that I have is does the throttle control attitude of the model as it does in the helicopter versions. ----------- no, it does not .

what channels r u using in the mapping /calibration window in FMS?
(i use rudder - 4; elevator - 2; aileron - 1 ; throttle - 3/6
for aeroplanes)
does the heli fly as expected?

rgds.
Share wat u know, learn that u don't
solo

Postby Shinichiro_Nishiya » Sat Feb 09, 2002 9:31 pm

Mr. Sekiai friend of mine use JR X3810 with parallel port interface, he set Rudder 4, Elevator 3, Aileron 2, Throttle 1.
I set it with my Dave Brown joystick connected to game-port Rudder 4, Elevator 2, Aileron 1, and Throttle 3

I confused but according to your report your throttle works as an elevator.
The Virtual RC interface may be made for other mode transmitter (mode 1 or mode 2)
How about trying this idea.
Set and check the channels step-by-step, channel-by-channel. .
At first, set throttle and check it will work in FMS field
And also check inv button is required or not.
At the second, set elevator and check it works in FMS field.
Next, turn to aileron or rudder.

Shinichiro Nishiya
Aomori city, Japan

(Edited by Shinichiro Nishiya at 10:39 pm on Feb. 9, 2002)

(Edited by Shinichiro Nishiya at 10:41 pm on Feb. 9, 2002)

(Edited by Shinichiro Nishiya at 10:42 pm on Feb. 9, 2002)
Shinichiro_Nishiya

Postby edcolle » Sat Feb 09, 2002 11:40 pm

Have tried all combinations of forward and reverse. I have individually set each channel to forward and reverse in both the FMS progran and in the transmitter. There does not appear to be any difference in the way that they operate. I have spent many hours trying all combinations. This afternoon I was trying the GreatPlanes Simulator demo at one of the local hobby shops. It flys beautifully, as it should for 赨 dollars. I believe that I have spent at least that much (in time) trying to get this FMS program working.
edcolle

Postby edcolle » Sat Feb 09, 2002 11:42 pm

Have tried all combinations of forward and reverse. I have individually set each channel to forward and reverse in both the FMS progran and in the transmitter. There does not appear to be any difference in the way that they operate. I have spent many hours trying all combinations. This afternoon I was trying the GreatPlanes Simulator demo at one of the local hobby shops. It flys beautifully, as it should for 赨 dollars. I believe that I have spent at least that much (in time) trying to get this FMS program working.
edcolle

Postby Shinichiro_Nishiya » Sun Feb 10, 2002 1:00 am

Oh, I can’t figure it out too.
We have to think the cause separately.
Weather the trouble comes from input device, your PC or FMS
First of all can you fly FMS by keyboard mode?
If it works fine, your PC and FMS have no trouble.
Second, if your friends have an interface for FMS or joystick controller, I recommend you to try connecting it to your PC
If it will work fine, you will find it comes from the interface, something wrong with your interface.

I know you can calibrate the interface in FMS, so it is connected to PC correctly.
But I can’t understand why the planes can take off in such a bad condition.
Actuary the throttle works then you can take off, but it will be a right aileron with minimum throttle and without power-down. Why?
I think you send no throttle signal to FMS model.
The throttle is at maximum power anytime, so you can take off.
Your throttle work as an aileron doesn’t it?
Shinichiro_Nishiya

Postby edcolle » Sun Feb 10, 2002 4:33 pm

Tried to fly with keyboard. The model takes off vertically and loops to the right crashing before it comes out of the loop. The flight lasts about one second. The "H" key will kill the power as long as it is held down. As soon as the key is let up the model goes in to a vertical climb to the right and crashs.
edcolle

Postby Steve Lewin » Sun Feb 10, 2002 5:09 pm

Does this happen with all models or is it just one specific one ? If so which one ?
Steve Lewin

Postby edcolle » Sun Feb 10, 2002 6:22 pm

I only tried two models with the keyboard and it happened with each. The two models were the Cessna and Gptrh. The models all have problems with the parallel interface although it is more severe with some than others.
edcolle

Postby johnhlong » Sun Feb 10, 2002 8:32 pm

When trying the keyboard change your assignments to each channel from the channel numbers of the transmitter (1,2,3,4 etc) to 0. This way you won't have to hold the keys down. What happens when you don't put 0 in the channels is that as soon as you release the key FMS takes the input command from the normal input drvice. If the normal input device was stuck in a hard climb to the right that is what the plane would do as soon as you released the key.

If you would like you can call me at home and I can try to help you through this.

John Long
Seattle, WA
USA

(425) 837-0802
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby Shinichiro_Nishiya » Sun Feb 10, 2002 11:52 pm

I tried keyboard operation in FMS
I tried GPTRH that is made by me and I made it for beginners, it is stable.
I made only one touch on [v] key, it went up and made loops without touchdown and it went further loop-by-loop. I didn
Shinichiro_Nishiya

Postby edcolle » Mon Feb 11, 2002 12:23 am

I want to thank all who tried to help me with my problems.
John Long pointed out that the parallel interface must be set to 0 in all positions to use the keyboard. Many of the keyboard functions are not addequately explained and some one should write a tutorial on the correct use of the keyboard. The FMS is now working correctly and I will use it to learn to fly better.
edcolle

Postby edcolle » Mon Feb 11, 2002 12:51 am

Mr.Nishiya:
As you stated the GPTRH does indeed loop on take off with controls in neutral. This is not the way that I want my model airplanes to fly. If a model is set up correctly, adding power will increase the speed and any attitude changes will be due to added lift caused by increased airspeed. This is the reason that most models use down thrust and right thrust. The optimum is no change with power. One of my airplanes is a Cessna with a .40 engine and it lands with about a 15 degree nose high atitude and you normally give it a little power to maintain the landing speed the way you would in a full sized aircraft. Some aircraft with light wing loading will actually climb with a nose down atitude. One aircraft that is well known for this effect is a lightly loaded C-130 aircraft.
edcolle

Next

Return to Windows-Version