[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Extremely low framerate - Problems under Win XP

Extremely low framerate - Problems under Win XP

Postby morpheus » Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:27 pm

:angry: I run Win XP with SP1. I installed FMS and played for a few minutes with everything working fine. When I started FMS again I got a framerate of 1 and it has behaved like this since. I really cannot find the problem. I have downloaded the latest driver for my graphics card, the latest chipsetdriver and I run DirectX 8.1. In all other games and applications the graphic is silky smooth. I also downloaded the latest patch for FMS, but I get an error message saying it can`t be done due to "coldet.dll missing", but I still find this file in the FMS directory.
What is going on here?? PLS help.

Morpheus.
morpheus

Postby Cambo » Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:07 am

I've had this problem but I've figured out why it happens.... you're using another program that's using a rendering context (can you tell I'm a programmer???).. in english that means that you're running another program that's using the 3d capabilities of your video card... In my case it's either the modelling program I"m using to make models, or the program that lets me watch tv on the computer (through a special card in the back of my machine). Even if you close other programs it still might be slow because they failed to close properly... so in conclusion....
1) close all the other programs running on you computer and if that doesn't work
2) Look for programs that shouldn't be running in the task manager (for experts only) The task manager is accessable by right clicking on the start bar at the bottom of the screen. Look for programs running that shouldn't be... or
3) reboot :)
Hope that helps,
Cam
Cambo

Return to Windows-Version