[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - invisible models

invisible models

Postby uitgeslapen » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:45 pm

uitgeslapen

Postby Hans AA » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:14 pm

i have exactly the same problem. it only shimmers, like the programe doesn't make use of the graphic card at all. in the settings menu i have the ability to choose between some graphic adjusments, but it dosen't say what. the rows are all blank, except for the resolution choices of which don't change anything regarding the shimmering.
i'm running the latest edition booth on my graphic card and directx driver. but it won't work. nothing wrong with the controls and sound though.

please help me, i really need to learn the basics of flying before i fly my first plane (2-channel sailplane). since i built it myself it would be awful to crash immediatly.

Windows XP
athlon 1,4 ghz
Aeolus FX5600XT-DV128 (nVIDIA)

thanks.
Hans AA

Postby markg » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:47 am

Exact same problem here, I've tried all the options within FMS and the problem persists in all modes:

Setup is as follows:

Athlon 700mhz processor
nvidia ge-force2 (latest drivers but tried older ones too)
windows XP with SP2
DirectX 9.0c.

Significantly perhaps if I go into display properties>advanced>troubleshoot then move the hardware acceleration slider to "Disable all Direct Draw and Direct 3D accelerations" the graphics render properly but obviously without hardware acceleration the frame rate is very low.

It previously ran fine on this machine until I did a clean install using the SP2 version of windows XP which includes the newer DirectX version.

I'm wondering if it's the DirectX version or SP2 which is causing these issues. What version/service pack are you guys on?

To clarify here's a picture from someone else's post which describes exactly the problems I'm having:

I'm going to attempt to roll back to an earlier DirectX version later to see if this has any effect.
markg

Postby markg » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:46 am

markg

Postby markg » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:27 pm

Just to update I tried some older nvidia drivers which I got from this page:

and the problems went away, of course this may cause problems with other software but for FMS it seems that the latest nvidia drivers are no good.
markg

Postby barrie » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:18 pm

I am having the same problem. Invisible models sums it up. I see all use NVidia ge-force, I use PNY Verto NVidia graphics card with Directx 9.0 which I installed to correct a problem with another package running slow (this was cured) but my FMS has javascript: InstaSmilie()
javascript: InstaSmilie()stopped working. Please developers catch up with microsofts directx 9:p
barrie

Postby markg » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:39 am

barrie, your PNY Verto is still a ge-force I think, try using some different drivers from the page I linked to in my last post. I had to try a few but eventually I went back to the Detonator drivers and these work fine.
markg

Postby uitgeslapen » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:43 am

All,
I solved my problem by uninstalling my graphics card. The system uses then the standard drivers of xp. The only disadvantage is that all the other games that use grapics (all of them :D ) stop working. But that is a problem for my girlfriend, because I only play FMS. ???
I will try using older drivers and let you know if it works. But it will take a while because I just have blown up my pic interface. Starting to build a new one as soon as it is raining. Nothing is so real as the real thing.

Greetings Daan

You learn to fly by hitting the ground verry hard, but always in a different way.
uitgeslapen

Postby uitgeslapen » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:46 am

Ow ya,

I just recieved a new PC, a P4. Anybody a good suggestion for the graphics? In other words are there people here that have a great working system, or does anybody know for which system FMS is designed

BR

Daan
uitgeslapen

Postby pmahan » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:00 am

I also have a shadow of a picture. Amd pc with a gforce 4, xp with sp2 and direct x 9c.
please help
pmahan

Return to Windows-Version