[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Problem getting helicopters set up - Need your Help Out There!

Problem getting helicopters set up - Need your Help Out There!

Postby ApacheDave » Sun Apr 07, 2002 7:07 am

I needsome help figuirng out how to get my settings correct. I have a Futaba T6XHS radio and it works fine for airplanes. I place it into heli mode and switch the flight model to helicopters (of any sort). I can't figure out what do designate channels for in the boxes. I had it pretty good in 6.0, but I am at a loss in 7.0 I fly mode 2, so directional control needs to be on the right side, powere and tail on the left. It connects fine, and the calibration works also. I keep trying to set up the power for the left side, but as far as I can determine, the rotor pitch (or collective) doesn't work on the left stick. How should I best set it up?
ApacheDave

Postby solo » Sun Apr 07, 2002 1:11 pm

i would leave it in the aeroplane mode even when flying heli initally. fms uses channel 5 and onwards for the heli, so just copy the exact channels that u use for the first four boxes to the bottom four boxses.
Share wat u know, learn that u don't
solo

Postby johnhlong » Sun Apr 07, 2002 7:05 pm

I use helicopter setups on my Airtronics RD6000 Supper radio.

When you calibrate your radio check what channels your radio used for:
Tail (Tail Rotor, Rudder)
Nick (Elivator)
Roll (Aileron)
Pitch (Pitch is a different channel from throttle on a helicopter but throttle will work in a pinch).

Assign your Tail Rotor input to channel 5.
Assign your Elivator input yo channel 6.
Assign your Aileron input to channel 7.
Assign your Pitch or Throttle input to 8.

If you use CCPM you will have to disable this mixing for FMS simulator.

John
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby jim393939 » Mon Apr 08, 2002 1:11 pm

I have read the post regarding setting up for heli activity, but I cannot get any of the cannells 5 through 8 to activate, and so my helis do not work. Planes work very well. What am I missing?
thanks
Jim
jim393939

Postby johnhlong » Tue Apr 09, 2002 3:58 am

Looks like you got it going from another post.

Good luck.

John
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby Denis » Tue Apr 16, 2002 8:34 pm

??? I too am having trouble trying to set up my Sanwa RD6000 Super to work with FMS on helicopters. Thanks to John Long's post I can see where I was going wrong.

Basically I was trying to set up helicopters with the airplane settings. Until I realised those crafty German folk use Nick and Roll instead of Aileron and Elevator. I seem to have some sort of control but I think the pitch may be affecting left turns as I increase the throttle. I do have CCPM mixing on the usual (CC4b) for my model (ECO 8). Does this affect what FMS is doing with pitch?

Also noticed that PPM has to be set to PPR for Ken's PIC interface to work with FMS.
Denis

Postby johnhlong » Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:18 pm

Make a copy of the setting for your real model to another plane selection on your radio. Then turn the CCPM setting off for the sim version. FMS doesn't support CCPM. Everything should work great. Also, if you need to change trims it doesn't effect the real model :D

John

PS.

I have the same radio.
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby johnhlong » Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:28 pm

Just for fun, go the the callibration pannel. Watch what bars move when you move the throttle (Pitch). If you go to Throttle hold mode (one that freezes the throttle and still controlles the pitch) you will notice that in CC4B mode 3 channels follow the pitch as it changes :( (also look at how your swash plate moves on the real helicopter).

Now in NON CCPM mode try it again. See, only the pitch moves :D.

This coupling would account for your rolling when you hit the throttle (unless you have some other weird mixing set in your radio :0).

John
John Long
Seattle, Washington
USA
(425) 837-0802
johnhlong

Postby Denis » Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:27 pm

Thanks John,

Finally managed to get the ECO 8 model flying great in FMS after switching to CCPM = NOR.
Calibration set up as Channel 5 = Rudder, Ch 6 = Elevator, Ch 7 - Aileron,
Ch 3 = Throttle, Ch 4 = Tail, Ch 2 = Nick, 1 = Roll, Ch 3 = Pitch. set my Radio to Model type 4 = Heli. Real model on type 1. Everything Hunky Dory with FMS and now hovering great. Just have to transfer skills to Real model
:0

PS Have found problem with ECO model in FMS that skin is on upside down. Have seen link how to fix this on Link in FMS.

PPS ECO model is a good representation in FMS, have you tried it?

:D
Denis

Return to Windows-Version