[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Slow, choppy animation on Win2K - Ve ry ch op py op er at io n.

Slow, choppy animation on Win2K - Ve ry ch op py op er at io n.

Postby kwooda » Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:43 am

I have installed FMS version 2 beta 7 on two separate Win2K machines, now, and have observed the same behavior on both. I am using the keyboard controls. To accelerate, I hold down the G key - but it takes a LONG time for the throttle to kick up - and it kicks up a notch in approximately 1-second intervals. The animation is the same way - advancing a frame every second or so.

On one computer, it is set up to dual-boot Windows98 & Windows 2000. If I boot in Win98 and run [an older version of FMS], it runs just fine. I haven't installed the latest version under that operating system, but the same computer running the latest version under Win2K stutters.
kwooda

Postby barthirst » Tue Oct 22, 2002 2:45 pm

What video depth are you running at? Have you tried switching it from 32 to 16 bit?

That worked on a win98 installation I was testing with.
barthirst

Postby Eric Brouwer » Tue Oct 22, 2002 6:26 pm

Another sugestion is to make sure you have DirectX 8 installed.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby kwooda » Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:41 am

I installed Directx 8.1 and changed my video resolution from 32-bit to 16-bit. No change. I upgraded my video driver and - ta da! - that did the trick!
kwooda

Postby Eric Brouwer » Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:38 am

Glad to hear you are now up and flying. Enjoy.
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Vanderbijlpark
South Africa
Homepage: http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer
Eric Brouwer

Postby barthirst » Wed Oct 23, 2002 4:45 pm

sweet.

What video card are you using if I might ask?
barthirst

Postby kwooda » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:48 am

I am using an nVidia TNT2 model 64 video card. OK, but not top of the line. I enabled the multiple desktop functionality today (a feature of the software that comes with the drivers for the card), and when I fire up FMS, the computer completely locks up. No way out except to reset or power off. Disable the multiple desktop stuff, and it works fine again. Oh, well - I didn't need the multiple desktop functionality, anyway. :-) Except, I did need that file I lost when it locked up the first time...
kwooda

Postby barthirst » Thu Oct 24, 2002 8:35 pm

Hmmm... interesting. I had dual monitors on my win2k machine and had no problems. However I do have an ATI Radeon. I just upgraded to WinXP. I'll post results here.
barthirst

Postby gregg3 » Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:13 am

gregg3

Return to Windows-Version