[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - For ATI owners only

For ATI owners only

Postby KenM » Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:13 am

FWIW,
I just installed the new Catalyst 3.1 drivers for my 9700 Pro.

Bad news though, the screen still freezes when I get close to the ground.
KenM

Postby Spoiler » Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:44 pm

I'm having exactly the same problem.
Spoiler

Postby KenM » Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:12 am

I just installed the Catalyst 3.2 drivers and problem still exists.
KenM

Postby Tsutomu Mabuchi » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:46 am

Tsutomu Mabuchi

Postby Tsutomu Mabuchi » Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:32 pm

:(
With Radeon(1st generation radeon) card, there is no
problem at all and Radeon8500 in my another PC does
not have problem, too.
Both work with Catalyst3.2 and DirectX9.0a.
I.m not all happy since it.s backward solve.
Tsutomu Mabuchi

Postby IHATESPAMIAM » Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:09 am

Same Deal, AMD Athelon 2200 Processor, ATI 9700 Pro Video, 512 Megs Memory, Screen Black or frozen at startup and Screen Locks when close to the ground or mountains, help, this is a great program, but is very frustrating. ???
IHATESPAMIAM

Postby lego » Mon Apr 21, 2003 7:39 pm

You can fly in follow-mode without freezing screen. But again if you get really close to the ground you get a short freeze. The simulation continues during screen freezes. Which often leads to a crash so the freezed/black screen will last until next flight...

In my oppinion it doesnt depend on the catalyst driver. I'm running a modified ATI 9500 (to perform as an Radeon 9700 PRO) at an Athlon XP 1800+. This configuration does not have any problems with other flight simulations (even not with e.g. Il-2 Sturmovik, which was optimized for nVidia cards and during development never tested on ATIs).

The new FMS 2.0 Alpha 7.5.1 has the same problem.

It would be great if there would be a new version of the great FMS soon without these problems! :)

If anyone of the developers is interested in an alpha-tester, just send me an e-mail!
lego

Postby KenM » Fri May 16, 2003 5:10 am

I just installed the Catalyst 3.4 drivers and problem still exists.
KenM

Postby Cold Knight of Winter » Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:22 am

Still no luck! I just got the Catalyst 3.5 drivers installed released June 23rd - Same problems w/ FMS exist running XP on a 1.6ghz/256mb/ATI9700pro. The game is running over 300 frames but freezes close to the ground so I can't even use it...yet. Hopefully a patch can be available soon.

Seeya,
Eric
Cold Knight of Winter

Postby SkyRaider » Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:08 am

So in what DECADE are they going to recognize that half the population owns ATI video cards. Fix the freakin problem already.
SkyRaider

Postby Andypandy » Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:51 am

Andypandy

Postby lego » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:07 am

Hi everybody,

I've opened a ticket at the ATI support center.
Maybe they can fix the problem from their side with the Catalyst 3.6. :)

But I still believe that it is a bug or 'bad programming' in FMS.

@Andy: I offered my help on that issue, but nobody of the programmers answered. This is really sad! :(
I believe that you dont have to pay money to have good support - look at the many open source projects.... :D
lego

Postby SkyRaider » Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:49 am

SkyRaider

Postby rayspan » Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:25 pm

I have today downloaded and installed ATI's current offerings.
These are:
a) Display Driver ver:6.14.10.6368

b) ATI Control Panel ver:6.14.10.5021

c) WDM Capture Driver ver:6.14.10.6207

I now find FMS apparently performing well. Previously I was stuck with my screens 'native' resolution, 1280 x 1024 which looks great, but limits me to 4 FPS. Lovely, relaxed flying though.

Now I am able to ring the changes on resolution I 've got it up to 12 FPS, and have developed a severe nervous twitch!

Do models really fly that fast? What on earth is it like at 20 FPS plus!
rayspan

Postby KenM » Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:35 am

Rayspan,
Are you saying that you were seeing the classic screen freeze while flying too low but, now that you loaded the Catalyst 3.6 drivers, FMS now works for you?
KenM

Next

Return to Windows-Version