[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Windows 2000 Bug - Problem with calling procedure?

Windows 2000 Bug - Problem with calling procedure?

Postby acrobatorcrash » Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:38 pm

I am currently running Windows 2000 with the latest service pack. FMS runs fine for a while, but will either lock up the machine (hard shut down necessary), or give me a blue screen with one of the following errors:

*** STOP: 0x000000E8 (0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000)
A wait opertation, attach process, or yeild was attempted from a DPC routine.

*** STOP:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED(0x0000001e,0xC0000005,0x8046AB77,0x00000001,0x00000000).

I do have small memory dumps for both of these exceptions if they would help.
acrobatorcrash

Postby wolffsoft » Sat May 24, 2003 2:52 pm

I get the same Kmode error under my Windows 2000 machine too. Although the same machine also has Windows 98SE installed also and it works fine under Windows 98SE. So I bet it is probably the video card driver. You should be able to get it to run under Windows 2000 if you slow down your video hardware acceleration. Although the frame rate will be too slow to enjoy FMS.

Cheers!

__
Bill (using a HP Pavilion 8655c & Windows 2000)
-- written and edited within Word 2000
wolffsoft

Postby Andypandy » Sat May 24, 2003 6:29 pm

I run W2K on my Pentium II 450MHz machine without any problems at all- solid as a rock!

I use a Geforce 2 Titanium card, with the latest drivers, I successfully used a Geforce 2MX card before that, so I highly recommend Nvidia cards for running FMS.

Originally my machine had an ATI 3D Rage pro 8MB, the graphics were awful and the fps struggled to make it to 20fps with all the textures switched off and running low res to boot!

Andy
Andypandy

Postby wolffsoft » Sun May 25, 2003 1:21 am

I have an Intel 82810E video card with an Intel 810 driver v5.x under Windows 2000. Installed the newer v6.x video driver and the problem is gone! Now works fine under Windows 2000. <grin>

Cheers!

__
Bill (using a HP Pavilion 8655c & Windows 2000)
-- written and edited within Word 2000
wolffsoft

Return to Windows-Version