[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - Gas problem

Gas problem

Postby jacs » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:19 pm

How is the problem with gas with FMS 8.1 since if you move the throttle to min the engine quits and wont start again.

Regards
Jacs
jacs

Postby rc-halk » Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:49 am

it is not a problem with fms it is like that in real life , you call it cut off ,
remember it in no a electric motor that works on a speed control, the gas motor
works like a car if you turn the starter of then the car does not go and you have to start it , well the same with
the gas planes, if you cut the throttle all the way it will stop and it will not start since the planes does not come with
a starter you have to manually start it , remember , if this happens with you on the fms , just hit the I key that will start the plane for you
rc-halk

Postby jacs » Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:03 am

Since I know how an gasplane works it's pretty wrong to try to land a plane that has it's engine running on 25% throttle and if I want to start again after I have move it to idle the engine is not running.

So like you say is that this is how an gasplane should behave then you don't know anything on how an gasplane works.

If I takeoff and just turn to land and pull the throttle to idle then the engine quits and I have to glid down with no engine with no reponse from the engine.

Just my input. Don't get mad now because of this but if you take me for a stupid I treat you like one.

Regards
Jonas

PS. Since I have been flying for the last 20 year both gas and electric I think I know what I'm doing. DS
jacs

Postby rc-halk » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:56 pm

O,My some one is mad

Dude I did not take you for a stupid person you just made your self one since you lost you temper and
posted what you did , if you don't want others to give there in put maybe you should not be on this site
after all if you are flying for over 20 years them maybe you should know every thing and not ask silly question
and one last thing you are the most closed minded person in the rc hobby I ever came across

So back to your problem .......???
if your throttle cuts when you pull the stick back offer 25% then you should re-calibrate and play with the trim
it should sort it out :D
rc-halk

Postby jacs » Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:14 pm

Ok, Maybe my english isn't what it should be but that is how I read it Sorry.

The throttle isn't at 25% more like one click from idle and beyond that it quits. As I see it it worked in Beta 7 and 7.5.1 but not in alpha 8.1.

So you mean that calibration should be done with trim to min and then move trim up to middle again ?

Sorry again

Jonas
jacs

Postby rc-halk » Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:45 pm

Hi

Yes that is what you should do , it worked for me, let me know if it works
I know that Beta 7 did not had this problem , but don't see this as a problem , but rather
as a function ,Fms 8 will have allot more functionality then fms bate 7 ,like motor cut-off,
your battery pack and gas tank will run out, I don't know if you notice but when you hit the ground
you see a animation, the planes don't drill in to the ground any more, you can set the wind direction and speed
you can set for gust, you also have rudder and weal control on the runway for crosswind take off and landing practice,
this is getting great
rc-halk

Postby jacs » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:41 pm

Problem again since I put the trim to min it's now one click from trim min before the engine stop. And yes i have calibrated with the trim to min.
jacs

Postby rc-halk » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:10 am

Ok so you set the trim to min when calibrating
and the motor still cuts, ok, when in flying mode
set the trim back to the middle 50% and see if the motor cut
if it still cut move the trim up a bit more , you can also try this
when calibrating don't pull the throttle all the way back leave a bit of margin
hope this works out for you, but he best options is to play with the trim setting till
you get this right
rc-halk

Postby GFK » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:28 am

Jacs,

The solution to your problem is simple. Go to the Simulation menu, and under "simulation options" unclick "simulate empty tank", in other words leave the box empty. That should sort it out.
GFK

Postby jacs » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:05 pm

Thank you, pretty stupid to have that problem with the program but since it's alpha what to do.

Thanks again

Jonas
jacs

Return to Windows-Version