[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FMS Forum • View topic - FMS reboots Windows XP ! - Imposible to run FMS, computer reboots

FMS reboots Windows XP ! - Imposible to run FMS, computer reboots

Postby mvlys » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:32 am

mvlys

Postby kidda » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:51 am

I have exactly the same problem on my Sony laptop same ATI graphics. :angry:
Any help would be appreciated.
kidda

Postby Ken Rusnok » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:49 am

This isn't a solution to the reboot problem itself, but if you can record the message with a camcorder or digital camera with movie capability, you might be able to at least read it, thus getting better clues as to the cause.
Ken Rusnok

Postby tvtech » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:31 pm

I to have a Sony PCG-FX401 using a 8meg ATI Rage mobility M1 AGP2 Graphics , Goes to Blue screen when i attemt to run any version of FMs . Error message say's there is a problem with ATi file 2drab.dr ..However i have been unable to locate an alternative Driver for this ATI Graphics device including ATI Support site . Any suggestions welcomed ... :(
tvtech

Postby tnavressdog » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:52 am

I don't know if this will work for you but I spent a good deal of time playing with settings and I finally got the ATI M1 to finally work for me. I went to Display Properties, Settings, Advanced. A new window opened up and I went to troubleshoot. I reduced hardware acceleration to disable DirectDraw and Direct3D accelerations. I hope this helps.

Derrick
tnavressdog

Postby Webflyer » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:43 pm

Hi. Got that suggestion, but I'd rather get a new graphics card. Unfortunately, I am running XP SP2 with an 8M ATI Rage XL "98expert" graphics card, with OpenGL and DirectX acceleration enabled, dx 9.0. This does seem to be a problem. I just tried it again and my pc took a nose dive - blank screen, and wouldn't start windows again for a couple of tries, or maybe Windows was going much slower. It finally got up again.

Steve
Webflyer

Postby bnrusso » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:08 am

If nothing else I'm glad to see that I'm not alone on this problem.
I too cannot run either FMS 7 or 8 on my sony laptop PCG-FXA36 with ATI graphics,without an almost immediate blue screen memory dump and reboot.
It Reports as an UNKNOWN device driver problem to microsoft as YOUR SYSTEM HAS RECOVEREDS FROM A SERIOUS ERROR, I have run FMS on 3 desktops wothout problems.
What's the solution???
bnrusso

Postby bnrusso » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:56 am

:D I fixed my reboot issue on my laptop with the ATI M1 Mobility video card
I updated the display driver under hardware device drivers by telling it to search the web for an updated driver.
I dont get high quality 3d video but it does work. and that's better then contioously rebooting.
bnrusso

Return to Windows-Version