Heli help - Airplanes work fine, heli's don't

Postby gavoss » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:24 am

I'm using my transmitter from my G2, as an analog joy stick. I've tried calibrating a dozen times. Airplanes respond like they should but heli's just sit there. I have no control over the heli. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong or what I can do to correct the issue?

Please respond direct at: gavoss@swbell.net
gavoss

Postby Steve Lewin » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:03 am

Just a guess but try filling in the channel numbers correctly in the bottom 4 entries on the LH side of the calibration screen, the ones that control the helis ;).

Steve
Steve Lewin

Postby gavoss » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:14 pm

I tried that. I moved everything around so it would recognize the throttle as throttle etc. but the heli still doesn't work. gv
gavoss

Postby gavoss » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:50 pm

Wayne M. emailed me and straightend me out. In case anyone else has this problem, the fix is this:

The lower portion of the control positions are for helis and the top postitons are for planes...except the throttle! You will use the throttle on the top as #3 and also use pitch as #3. Then set up tail for rudder, roll and aileron are the same and Nick and aileron are the same.

use the left hand switch on the front of the transmitter for inverted flight.

I hope that helps someone other than me. Thanks to the group for the answers.
gavoss

Postby normlfrank » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:57 pm

i am using a walkera #4 transmitter, when i configure trans. the gauges all respond but when i go to fly no response at all!?!?
normlfrank

Postby gavoss » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:51 am

Set up the controls on the left side of the screen as follows: 4,2,1,3,4,2,1,3. That should get you close. The last, or bottom 4, are for a heli. However, you need to also include throttle in the mix. That's why throttle and pitch are both #3. If you weren't going to fly airplanes, you could just us the bottom 5 controls. I hope this helps.

gv
gavoss

Return to Windows-Version